Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1071 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 11:26 AM by misterterrific RSS
kellygaines Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2013 2:59 PM

Question on the C25K App

If you are using the App.  I love it, but when I play music THROUGH the app, it only plays one song over and over in a loop no matter what playlist I choose.  If I play my music through my regular music player, the trainer becomes silent and I only get beeps at the interval periods.  Can anyone help?  Or can anyone direct me to a place for Help with this application. 

Thanks

Kelly

• jaxsgma Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 31, 2012
    1. Jul 31, 2013 10:09 AM (in response to kellygaines)
    Question on the C25K App

Hi Kelly,

I didn't realize I could play music THROUGH the app, so I just tried it. I see that you have to choose each and every song you want to hear during the workout, so maybe you haven't done that? I have just been playing it straight from my music app (iPhone 4) and have had no problems, however, I did discover if I don't close the music app and return to the C25K app and open it, I too get only beeps, rather than the voice prompts from the trainer.

Hope this helps.

• rookie222 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 31, 2013
    2. Aug 1, 2013 6:21 AM (in response to kellygaines)
    Question on the C25K App

Go to your app, then click on "settings" on the bottom.  Look for "music options" and switch to shuffle.  You can also turn "repeat" to off to avoid hearing the same song over and over.

I always listen to music through the app and have never had problems since I fixed these settings.

Hope that helps and happy runs to you!

• misterterrific Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2013
    3. Aug 8, 2013 11:26 AM (in response to kellygaines)
    Question on the C25K App

I have a "workout" playlist set up on my iPhone (songs that have a strong steady beat and/or fast pace), and before I start working out I make sure the player is set to that playlist, marked as "shuffle" and pick out an opening song (lately it's been "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers), then fire up the C25K app.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...