Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

563 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 10:25 AM by Kelly1066 RSS
JesseMacRunner Amateur 18 posts since
Jul 3, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 1, 2013 1:20 PM

Running Songs?

Seems like most of us consider our ipod/phone/mp3 player as standard running equipment these days...

I was just curious to hear what people listen to and what's a good running song I should add to my playlist?

Coach Jesse

Running Programs

• rljios Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 1, 2013
    1. Aug 2, 2013 6:14 AM (in response to JesseMacRunner)
    Running Songs?

iPhone app WorkoutBeats lets you play those tracks in your iPod library which have a constant tempo by automatically creating tempo playlists between 50 and 200 bpm (beats per minute).

You can then either play one of the playlists or create your own workout schedules which allow you to combine different tempo playlists for your personal workout needs.

Check it out on www.appstore.com/workoutbeats.

In version 1.1 it also offers registered third party apps free access via Apple-approved interprocess communication to its tempo playlists and workout schedules.

Aside from that it can be run in parallel to your favorite tracking app.

Cheers,

Roland

• Kelly1066 Pro 108 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    3. Aug 30, 2013 10:25 AM (in response to JesseMacRunner)
    Running Songs?

I listen to a lot of Beatles on my long runs, and Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, and Lady Gaga on my shorter runs. 

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...