Skip navigation

512 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 7:09 PM by TruePoint11 RSS
DrewL9 Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 3, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 4, 2013 1:58 AM

Basketball Help

So...

I made my school basketball team but this is the first time in my life I'm actually playing organised basketball (as in full cour 5 on 5, before this I played mainly half court pick up games).

The guys on my team are all experienced players and when we srim during training, I'm always lost, like I don't know where to stand, how to move with/ without the ball and I'm a liability on both ends of the court. Last training, I literally turned the ball over EVERY SINGLE TIME our pg passed to me.

I play the power/small forward position and am wondering if anyone could give me some tips, either to improve my game sense in a 5 on 5 full court situation or to just get better.

I really want to bcome better its just so hard and I don't know wat to do

• TruePoint11 Amateur 15 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 12, 2013 7:09 PM (in response to DrewL9)
    Basketball Help

First, find an experienced player to train you and make sure you get better. Basiclly take you under his wing. At the same time practice with a close frid/individualy. Practice off ball movement, defense, hustle and other small things. Make sure you are running and practicing free throws daily. Also, do not be afraid to go a little streetball because it will make you more and more of a go to scorer. Most importantly, want it for yourself. Do not just say it because we all know you do. Show it in your practice and even individual practices. If you do not want it for yourself it will never happen.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...