Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1204 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 11:23 PM by GeoWolf
Mikey A Expert 46 posts since
Jul 24, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 5, 2013 5:59 PM

C25K

Tomorrow I start day 1 of week 3.  I am absolutey looking forward to my workout, can anyone share what their experience was like in their transition from week 2 to week 3?  Should I expect it to be a difficult challange?  I felt strong in week 2.

• Kelly1066 Pro 128 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    1. Aug 9, 2013 5:53 PM (in response to Mikey A)
    C25K

That wasn't too tough a transition for me - everyone is different though.  I think if you had a good week 2 and you're feeling confident, then week 3 will go great for you.  If it's not, consider trying to slow down a little in order to make it the length of time / distance you need to jog.

I remember one of the hard parts of Couch to 5k was that there were two speeds:  walking, and jogging.  It took me a while to figure out that even though I was "running" I needed to jog comfortably during the jogging portions.  When I went too fast, I had to repeat weeks.  Pacing is always something runners struggle with!

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

• misterterrific Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2013
    2. Aug 14, 2013 1:09 PM (in response to Mikey A)
    C25K

It took me a few tries here and there--and week 2-week 3 was one of them, but I view this as a process not a trial. I don't have a problem redoing steps if I'm having trouble. It's the journey that counts.

• GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    3. Aug 20, 2013 11:23 PM (in response to Mikey A)
    C25K

I had to totally repeat weeks 1 and 2 the 1st time.  Weeks 3 and 4 I only had to repeat a day or 2.  Week 5 wasn't too bad until I got to day 3.  I will say I was never strong in any week the 1st time.  I barely made it through before I moved on.  So if you did well I'd guess you will continue to do so.  The 2nd time I attemped this I breezed right through the weeks.  Much more easily.  Just remember that if you start struggling you don't have to walk you can try slowing down 1st. 

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points