Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

989 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2013 12:40 PM by Kelly1066 RSS
Kelly1066 Pro 109 posts since
Jul 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2013 6:46 PM

Anyone else running a half marathon this weekend?

Anyone else running a half marathon this weekend? I'm running my first (Diva's Half Marathon in DC's Wine Country) and am so pleased about the weather forecast!

Who's racing this weekend?

It's a destination race for me so I've been packing and getting excited for it!

Anyone else?

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,332 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Sep 10, 2013 7:21 PM (in response to Kelly1066)

I'm running the RnR half in Philly, for about the 25th time.  I ran it 22 or 23 times as the Philadelphia Distance Run, now the 3rd time since RnR took over.  I missed one year while I was at Disney World.  I have my priorities.

DC has a wine country???

Len

• Urbster Legend 760 posts since
    May 27, 2008
    2. Sep 14, 2013 8:35 PM (in response to Kelly1066)

I did my 14th Half today.   I have done this race 3 years in a row.  The Gulf Beach Half, Milford, CT.   The last 10th of a mile they make you run it on the sand.   Other than that it is very scenic, we run all the beaches, and boardwalk out and back.  I cant believe after all the Halfs I have done after the race I can't climb the stairs at home like a norma person 

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    3. Sep 16, 2013 6:41 AM (in response to Urbster)

The harder you run the more it hurts!  Sand is hard on your legs also!  Great job

• shipo Legend 452 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    4. Sep 16, 2013 9:45 AM (in response to Urbster)

Urbster wrote:

I did my 14th Half today.   I have done this race 3 years in a row.  The Gulf Beach Half, Milford, CT.   The last 10th of a mile they make you run it on the sand.   Other than that it is very scenic, we run all the beaches, and boardwalk out and back.  I cant believe after all the Halfs I have done after the race I can't climb the stairs at home like a norma person 

I ran with an "Ultra" Reach the Beach - NH team this weekend; I hear you on the stairs thing, up AND down in my case. 

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,332 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    5. Sep 16, 2013 9:51 AM (in response to shipo)

I won't tell you how many I've run, just that this was the 25th time for this particular race, sort of, 22 times it was locally organized, 3 times since Rock'n'Roll took it over.  Anyway, pretty good day, maybe a little warmer than ideal, and I managed a 2:15 with only one pit stop, and walking through a couple of the water stations.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...