Skip navigation

2326 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 12:07 PM by Tyson2123 RSS
kayde003 Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 16, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 24, 2013 9:47 PM

training for 13 year old

all im looking for is some bball training ideas for anything from ball handling, to rebouning to strength and conditioning, anything an everything will help. thank you very much this will be very helpful.

• Stevielarson34 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 7, 2013
    1. Sep 7, 2013 7:02 PM (in response to kayde003)
    training for 13 year old

For conditining, runkillers, for those you run from baseline to free throw line, back, baseline to half court, back, baseline to other free throw line, back, baseline to baseline, and back. those will really help you to improve your conditioning. As for ball handling, the best thing for me is just bounce the basketball as much as you can, play the game as much as you can, that's the only way to get better. Any questions, please email me hunterpuppy34@gmail.com

• marglef Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 8, 2013
    2. Sep 9, 2013 5:33 AM (in response to kayde003)
    training for 13 year old

In Tamago, we play every day all together. The best for training yourself, is to improve your edurance first. After that, by playing a little bit every day, you will improve your basketball. Good luck !

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    3. Sep 11, 2013 11:44 PM (in response to kayde003)
    training for 13 year old

Well, throughout my career the best conditioning I ever did on my own was sprinting up hills. The best is to find a steep incline that goes for about 50 meters. Sprint up, walk down, sprint up, etc. This by far is the best for cardio and building your legs. The goal is to build stamina and recovery time. So in the beginning, walk slowly down the hill after a sprint up, but try and build it to where you can jog back down, hit the bottom, and take off sprinting back up. It will take some time to get there, but once you're there, you will know you are in shape.

The second thing I would do is jump rope. Jumping rope teaches you how to be on your toes, gives you better timing, and builds stamina as well.

For strength I would do pushups every day, again buiding up each day to try and do one or two more each set. I would also do pullups. Second, build your core strength with various abdominal-tightening exercises, but make sure you are performing them correctly. ( look online for these )

Look online also for dribbling drills that you could do on your own ( there is a ton of excercises out there ), and for rebounding too.

Good luck!

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

• Tyson2123 Amateur 23 posts since
    Jul 30, 2013
    4. Sep 27, 2013 12:07 PM (in response to kayde003)
    training for 13 year old

Kayde, I know your situation, because I was there when I was younger.  That's why I created a basketball training site for young athletes, with videos, drills, and information to get better.  You can check it out at basketballtrainingclub.com, or message me for tailored workouts.

Tyson

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...