Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

676 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 1:42 AM by GeoWolf RSS
Danielle Randall Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 27, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 16, 2013 9:06 PM

I am a run/walker...

I don't run fast and I am not even that fast of a walker. I can NOT run a full mile, but my legs aspire to someday.

I have done 3 half marathons. The first one I didn't train.. I just showed up and hoped for the best.. Took 4 hours 2 mins. ( I was the last female to finish, hey, I finished, right)

The second I did in 3 hours and 40 mins... So when I did my third one 2 weeks ago ( the disneyland Dumbo Double dare I did a 10K saturday and the hald on Sunday).. well, I REALL thought I would have a great time.. But I didn't count on the heat and humidity... That half took me 4 hours 11 mins.

I have done a few 10K's and 5K's... Still not a fast runner, or walker..

I think if I train a little harder I will be ready to do the LA Marathon in March..

• GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 20, 2013 1:42 AM (in response to Danielle Randall)
    Re: I am a run/walker...

Good for you.  Ihave no aspiration to ever do a marathon or even a half. It’snot that I don’t think I could if I wanted to, I just don’t think I want tospend that much time running.  I like torun and someday I can see where I might want to go for a 10K if I can ever findthe time to jog for that long.  (I have a6 year old and I’m home schooling.)  Iapplaud you for doing those.  I think it’sawesome no matter how you do it or how long it takes.  If you want to do it faster I would suggesttaking a page from the C25K plan and lengthening your runs on a regular basis.  I’m so slow both running and walking that I’mnot sure one vs the other is measurably faster. But I haven’t made it to 5K yet so I’m not going to work on speed untilI reach that goal.  In your case you needto decide which goal has the most value to you and focus on that.  Keeping in mind that running vs walking willusually get you further in the same amount of time so if you can run more thatseems like a good place to start.  Goodluck. 

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...