The HTC One mini comes with a 4.3-inch, 720×1280 pixel display, a dual-core Snapdragon 400 chip clocked at 1.4GHz, and 1GB of RAM, which are all okay specs for a mid-range device. HTC has chosen to put an UltraPixel camera with a 1/3? sensor size on the One mini, capable of 1080p HDR and slow motion video recording. There is no optical image stabilization, however. Android 4.2 comes running on the HTC One mini, with Sense UI layered on top, adding features like HTC BlinkFeed – a home screen that instantly provides the user with relevant information from social networks and across the internet. At this time, only two color variants of it have been announced, named Glacial Silver and Stealth Black.
As a multimedia superphone, the HTC One mini immerses yourself in richer movie watching and music listening experience with virtual surround sound. Have you thought of watching your favorite Blu-ray, DVD, HD movies and music on the Android phone where you go? And the following is the video/audio format for playback on offer:
“HTC One mini does not play MKV, AVI, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MKV, TiVo, WMV, MP4, videos…”
When HTC One mini refuses to play a video, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.vob, *mkv format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3 surround audio)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video over 4GB)
- Protections (e.g. iTunes videos, DVD, Blu-ray media)
In order to play all MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, VOB, M2TS videos on HTC One mini properly, you can convert videos for HTC One mini with Drorsoft All-in-One Blu-ray Ripper before transferring videos to HTC One mini. If you’re running Mac, use Drorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac instead. The guide below is written for you to convert and compress 1080p HD videos, DVDs and Blu-rays to HTC One mini.
Step 1: Click “Add Video” to load video source. The Drorsoft Blu-ray/DVD/Video to HTC One mini Converter supports video formats and codec like H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Xvid, TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, TOD, M2TS, MTS, MOD, VOB, TiVo and some other codecs. Press “Load Disc” to import protected movie from DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
Step 2: Select output format for converting video to HTC One mini.
To convert video, DVD and Blu-ray for HTC One mini, click the dropdown list of “Format” and set a HTC One mini supported format. We recommend you to choose “General Video/HD Video > H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (.mp4)” as output format and custom the profile for HTC One mini by clicking “Settings” and set video/audio parameters:
Video Size: 1280 x 720 pixels Video Bitrate: 2000K or 3000K Frame Rate: 29.97fps or 30fps
Audio Sample Rate: 44100 or 48000 Audio Bitrate: 128K or 160K
Click “Convert” button to start converting MKV, WMV, MP4, VOB, AVI videos, DVD and Blu-ray movies to HTC One mini. After conversion completes click the “Open” button to find the converted files. Now the converted videos can be put and played onto HTC One mini for entertainment.
Transfer/Put videos to HTC One mini
To put videos to HTC One mini, just
1. Connect HTC One mini to computer via USB cable, and you’ll receive a notification from the task bar of desktop that the USB is connected. Install the device as it instructed.
2. When the HTC One mini phone is connected as USB storage, the screen will indicate that USB storage is in use and you receive a notification.
3. Slide your fingers down, and touch Turn on USB Storage to confirm that you want to transfer videos/music to HTC One mini.
4. You can now copy videos back and forth. Just open Movies folder and copy videos to HTC One mini.