Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

864 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 9:26 AM by JamesJohnsonLMT
JohnNada Rookie 2 posts since
Oct 1, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Calf injury

Hi everybody,

A few months ago I noticed a sharp pain deep within my right calf muscle. At first I brushed it off and continued running every day but when I realised that the pain was gradually getting worse, I stopped running altogether. I have been resting for around three months now, but, unfortunately, the pain still hasn't gone away. The pain is even more pronounced than usual in the mornings, or whenever I massage my calf. What could the injury be? I'm thinking that I might have suffered micro tears, which have probably healed now, but due to scar tissue, are still causing me stiffness/pain. I'm no expert though so any advice anybody could give me would be much appreciated. I'm desperate to start running again but I don't want to cause any more damage...

Thanks in advance!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...