Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

494 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2013 3:06 AM by Polarpower
Polarpower Rookie 8 posts since
Oct 2, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Need advice please

I wanted to start to jog to get active and get in better shape and found this website from couch to 5k and wanted to try it. I am 5'4 at 135 and I am trying to lose about 5 lbs. I am a beginner jogger and I do this on my treadmill because it is easier on my knees. I am currently on  my 4th week with one more day to go and am having trouble with catching my breath after the second 5 minute jog. I started off right from the beginning jogging at 6 mph and was ok until now. Is it possible I started off jogging to fast for being a beginner? Should I try to continue to keep at 6 mph or slow down? I really want to do this and keep at it and get better. I do stretching before I start the jog and also do the suggested 5 minute brisk walk at 4 mph. Any suggestions or opinions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points