Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

557 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 6:11 AM by lenzlaw RSS
Zcxvnbads Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 9, 2013 7:18 PM

3KM Cross country help!

Hey guys,

This is my first forum post so just bare with me here

My question is: Is there any way that I could improve my 3km time within a 2 and a half week period? I am training for a cross country event later this month, so every single second of improvement helps out
I am a male, 13 years old, weigh 115 pounds (52kg), and I am 5'7 (174cm approx.)

My current personal best 3km time is 11:27, but I know I didn't push myself to the limit 

I'm not sure if this matters, but my best 2km was 8:07, but I've been doing more 3km than 2km recently

The only 'training' I do is a bit of fitness and running a few times/ per week in the mornings. These runs can range anywhere from 2 - 3km.

I competed in a Track and Field event for 800m and 1500m this summer and came in first place for both of those events, so that was a huge confidence boost

I am prepared to do anything to improve my time as much as possible because I know that my contenders are quite good

Thanks everybody, and please do reply

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,369 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 16, 2013 6:11 AM (in response to Zcxvnbads)
    3KM Cross country help!

Maybe you've figured this out by now. No, there is no way to substantially improve your time in a couple weeks.  Keep on training, do some intervals and/or a time trial or two.  Long term you need to be doing more than running 2 - 3km a couple times a week.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points