Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

948 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 8:03 PM by runningproblems RSS
runningproblems Rookie 7 posts since
Oct 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 26, 2013 8:20 AM

~ Bleeding After Running: Common Causes ~

What are the common causes for why the back of your feet (like 1 and 1/2 inches above your heel) would bleed after jogging (not running) like a mile or half a mile or something?

I'm guessing this is a common problem, so what would be the most common causes? Had this shoe for a while. Shouldn't be the shoe....

*Shoe: I checked the back (of the inside) of the shoe and it seemed flat. Had this shoe for a while. Shouldn't be the shoe....

*Cold: It was cold outside, but really? I don't think that would cause that

*?????????????????????????????????????/

*Socks??? They're just regular socks. Shouldn't be a problem.

*?????????????????????????????????

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Oct 28, 2013 5:02 PM (in response to runningproblems)

No, it's not a particularly common problem in my experience. You don't say how much it's bleeding or if there is any pain.  Is it one foot or both?  I have to assume that something is rubbing, which generally implicates the shoe.  You say you've had the shoes "...for a while."  How Long?  They might be getting worn. There should be a plastic "counter" that runs around and supports the fabric of the heel.  Check if the top of that is the height where the bleeding occurs.  Make sure your shoes are sized properly, usually one-half to a full size bigger than your street shoe, or a thumb-nail width between the longest toe and the front of the shoe.

Len

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    3. Oct 28, 2013 6:06 PM (in response to runningproblems)

I've not heard of this problem.

I'm sorry that I cannot help

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...