Like Canon 5D, Panasonic TM700 and Sony RX100, Many HD camcorders shoot MTS footage in 1080p AVCHD format, up to 60 frames per second. As far as we know, due to compatibility issue, it's not easy to copy AVCHD camera format to mac iMovie, FCP, FCE and other editing program on Mac.convert avchd to imovie
FCP 7, as an ideal NLE of Final Cut Studio for creative video editors, is widely used by Mac users. Since quite a lot of camcorder users struggle with maintaining 1080p 60fps for better slow motion in post production in Mac FCP. The big problem is converting AVCHD to Mac computer for FCP 7 in full no loss 1080p 60fps.
Aunsoft MTS converter for Mac is a superb assistant of AVCHD camcorder, with efficient processing system to convert, edit and merge AVCHD MTS/M2TS clips, can easily solve this AVCHD in FCP problem.
Now, during Thanksgiving Special offer, Aunsoft Top 5 camcorder video converters are on sale, MTS converter is saving up to 15% off.
Below is the simple step-by-step guide for camcorder users to copy 1080P 60fps AVCHD content in FCP on Mac with great tips.
Step 1: Load 1080P 60fps AVCHD MTS footage to MTS Converter for Mac
Launch Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac, import MTS files to it or drag and drop MTS material into file area directly.
1. To manage your AVCHD files, you’d better copy the entire AVCHD folder to hard drive to maintain uncompressed 1080p MTS version.
2. If you saved the AVCHD clips in Mac HDD, clip “add a folder” to add the entire AVCHD folder.
Step2: Choose Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov) as output format
Click the “Format” option, and choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov) to convert 1080P 60fps AVCHD videos to MOV with Apple ProRes codec.
Step3: Set audio and video profile
Before copying 1080p 60fps AVCHD MTS for Mac FCP 7, select 1920*1080 as the output to keep uncompressed 1080P of source MTS video then go to advanced and select 60fps.
Video Bitrate is up to 60 frames per second to maintain output ProRes HQ MOV with no loss 1080p 60frames AVCHD for editing in FCP on Mac.
1. Increasing the bitrate will typically increase the file size and quality. A compromise between file size and quality often needs to be found.
2. The high quality the original AVCHD file is with, the higher quality the output MOV will be with.
Step 4: Start convert 1080P 60fps AVCHD footage to MOV
Click the "Convert" icon to convert and copy AVCHD content to 1080p 60fps MOV for Mac FCP7 on Mac. The MTS Converter for Mac will run MTS to MOV conversion processing fast, you can check the progress bar easily.
1. Convert/Edit Panasonic TM700 1080p 60fps AVCHD to Magix Movie Edit Pro
2. Manage to Copy Panasonic GH11080P AVCHD MTS to ProRes 422 HQ MOV