Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

887 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 12:49 AM by bbee42
Michael. Community Moderator 516 posts since
Nov 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 26, 2013 6:13 PM

Hello All

My name is Mike. I go way back with CoolRunning. Back before Active.com purchased it. I was once a moderator on this group and unfortunitly like many I dropped away from all physical activity and was glued to the couch of death.

I am here because like everyone else here I am a newbie again. I am not sure if I am going to do C25K again or some other method. It is funny starting from the beginning again but here I am. Like many I will be leaving for Thanksgiving but when I get back in town I think I will be commiting to lacing up my shoes and running again.

Mike

• SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    1. Nov 26, 2013 8:57 PM (in response to Michael.)
    Hello All

Welcome back Michael!  Have a great Thanksgiving!   Can't wait to see which program you choose.

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

• OwaisWiz Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 26, 2013
    2. Nov 27, 2013 2:42 AM (in response to Michael.)
    Hello All

hello there,

i'm new here too/////

Active Technology Blog - For all your Technology,Geeky and SEO STuffs

• bbee42 Pro 78 posts since
    Aug 8, 2011
    3. Dec 15, 2013 12:49 AM (in response to Michael.)
    Hello All

Hi Mike. 

Welcome back to running!  Congratulations on making the commitment to start again!

It's no fun starting over.  I know how that goes.  I've completed the C25K program twice in the last 3 years, which is another way of saying that I stopped running after the first year, started but failed to complete the program the middle year, and completed it again this year.

It is depressing to go back and have to reconquer distances that you have run before, and to repeat the program that you have finished (and gone beyond) previously.

But it's worth it!

I don't know if C25K is the best training option out there, but it has definitely worked for me.  One reason I love it is because there are so many great tools available for it.  If you have a smart phone, the C25K training apps really do help.  It is nice not to have to worry about tracking my distances, and just run until the voice in my head say's to stop (the one coming through my headset, not the one that told me I should have stayed on the couch).

2011 - C25K Graduate!!! (9/17/2011)

2011 - BridgeTo10K - W3 Slacker!

2012 - Started over but didn't finish the C25K program (MAJOR SLACKER!)

2013 - C25K Graduate Again!!! (NEVER GIVE UP!)

2013/9/20 - REV3 Glow Run Branson - Wasn't chip timed but finished in roughly 38 min.

2013 - December 4th - Began 1/2 Marathon Training

2014/3/10 - Kiss Me, I'm Irish 10K - 1:23:32.9 (PR! It counts even if it's my only 10K)

Future Races (Registered):

2014/4/5 - Bentonville Half Marathon!!!!

==========================================================

My running logs: http://www.endomondo.com/profile/506692

My Blog: http://goneafk.tumblr.com

Independent Rep for Isagenix Diet and Healthcare Products: http://bbee42.isagenix.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...