Skip navigation

230 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 12:28 AM by horiechen RSS
horiechen Amateur 28 posts since
Nov 13, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2013 12:28 AM

How to transcode and injest Panasonic 60P AVCHD to iMovie 11

As a step-up model from the V500, the Panasonic HC-V500M was introduced in 2012. With the exception of the 16GB of internal memory,HC-V500M carries a suggested retail price of $499, which is $50 more than the similarly-equipped V500.In my view, paying $50 for 16GB of flash memory isn't a good deal,I would like to consider the less expensive V500 and simply pick up an SDHC card on the side.I wonder if you would agree to my suggestion.

However, some features of V500M are really attractive.The Panasonic V500M Full HD Camcorder has a high sensitivity MOS image sensor, progressive recording ability and a lengthy list of shot-enhancing and flexibility-furthering features. Using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format,the V500M is capable of shooting 1920 x 1080/60p high-definition video in AVCHD format.

AVCHD format is really good for the digital recording and playback of high-definition video, but AVCHD codec aways the real pain for Mac editing systems.

I once got some trouble to transcode and injest 60P AVCHD files to iMovie 11.

Yeap, iMovie11 can supports native AVCHD format, but it does not support AVCHD 60p video. If you Google it, you will find tons of posts, such as AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to FCP, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Sony Vegas, etc. on Macrumor or Camcorder forums like Panasonic, Sony and Canon.

Someone suggests using rewraps AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to MOV for iMovie. The trouble is there is always some loss in quality and it's a little slow. And i don't want to pay dozens of dollars just to get a solution for AVCHD and HDV Media. If you own a Panasonic P2 camcorder like AG-HPX300 which shoots video with MXF extension, i think, you couldn't agree more with me.

Here I highly introduce Aunsoft AVCHD clips to Mac iMovie Converter, a really super fast and excellent Mac video converter, can transcode all camera formats, especially MXF and AVCHD to native codec for NLE, including iMovie, FCP 6/7/X, FCE, Avid, Sony Vegas, etc with very minimal quality loss.

The experience to convert Panasonic 60P AVCHD progressive to Mac iMovie11 give me a wonderful sense of achievement. I would like to share it with you.

Let's start the experience!

Step 1: Load Panasonic V500M 60P AVCHD progressive to iMedia Converter for Mac

Launch this AVCHD to Mac iMovie Converter, Click "add video" or drag and drop MTS files into it directly. You can click "add a folder" icon to load AVCHD folder.

Tip: To manage your AVCHD files, you’d better to copy raw AVCHD video from camcorder to a file to your Mac HDD to get an uncompressed AVCHD MTS version.

Step 2: Select "AIC MOV" as the output format

Just click "Format" icon, choose the "iMovie and Final Cut Express-> Apple InterMedia Codec (AIC) (*.mov) as the output format for mac iMovie.

Step 3: Set audio and video profile

Before Copying Panasonic AVCHD progressive in mac imovie,you can select video size as 1920*1080 or original.And set frame rate as 59.94p.

Tip: Don't get confused here.60P AVCHD progressive witch we are familiar is in reality probably 59.94P.

Step 4: transcode and stream 60P AVCHD progressive to AIC iMovie 11

At last,click the "Convert" icon to convert and copy Panasonic 60P AVCHD to iMovie 11 on Mac for further editing.

Related Guides:

2013 Aunsoft Thanksgiving special offer for camera users

How to Use Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac?

Professional AVCHD video capabilities for FCP-import Panasonic AG-HMC40PJ AVCHD to FCP 7

Related Links:

Save Up to 70% OFF for Camcorder User

DVD Ripper for Mac + Tivo Converter for Mac

$10.99 to Upgrade to Aunsoft Video Converter

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...