Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

574 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 8:18 AM by Rich in NH RSS
steve74671 Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 1, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2013 11:26 PM

RUN TO HELP QUIT SMOKING

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and am very happy to have found it. About 2 years ago i had quit smoking and picked up running

Well after alittle more than six months of not smoking I picked up a cigarette and the next day I was smoking like I never quit. Well lately I have been wanting to get back into running. I love the way I feel after a good run. I tried a run today and after a half mile was coughing up a lung. So as soon as i got home I crushed my pack of camcer sticks and am going to get back the great runs i used to have. This was day one. I hope to feel a diference in my breathing in a few days

Attachments:
  • Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 2, 2013 8:18 AM (in response to steve74671)
    RUN TO HELP QUIT SMOKING

Take it one day at a time and when your feet hit the floor each morning, promise yourself you're not going to smoke today.   Don't worry about tomorrow, just today.  Do that and before you know it, you're a non-smoker...

And yeah, running will do lots of good things for your health. 

A sincere GOOD LUCK from me...  

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...