Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2321 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 3:22 PM by pj29340 RSS
50 States HALF Marathon Amateur 34 posts since
Aug 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 25, 2013 6:20 PM

Do you Run to be able to eat what you want? or do you Eat healthy no matter what?

I thought starting a discussion about runners, nutrition, and why everyone runs might be an interesting topic.  I used to be one of those who could eat whatever I want when I was young and active.  As I got older that changed, and running became more important.  I've always enjoyed running, but there was a "phase" in my life that I didn't run very much.  I then started running to still "be able" to eat whatever I want.  Well I then got injured, and whoa, I learned a lesson there, LOL!   I then started to eat WAY healthier (and on occasion stray a little). Eating healthy just became part of my lifestyle.  I occasionally reward myself with my favorite bad foods like pizza haha ...... but I make myself work for it.  I've now become very addicted to nutrition articles, eating real food (not processed) like a lot more veggies and fruit, cut out bread about 98% of my monthly diet, eat very little pasta, grains, etc.  (I eat about 80& Paleo now).  Would love to hear everyone's story about why you run, and if you are one of those that run to eat, or healthy eater all around and if you have any great articles or experiences about eating and running.  We have a few members in Fifty States HALF Marathon Club that started running a lot of half marathons, some losing 50 to 100 pounds!  Some amazing stories!

Oh, and eventhough I'm 80% Paleo now, I do eat mashed potatoes race morning, ... my whacky race day breakfast, long slow burning carbs!  Got a friend hooked on it now also after they tried it and had a great race! 

Do you have a great story of running and food or nutrition, or how running changed your life?

Sincerely,

Fifty States HALF Marathon Club

www.HalfmarathonClub.com

FSHMC Avatar for Favicon.jpg

The Most Up to Date Half Marathon Calendar on the Web for 2014 Half Marathons

Halfmarathonsearch.com Half Marathon Calendar

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...