Skip navigation

384 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 7:30 AM by vipchenyingsoft RSS
vipchenyingsoft Pro 66 posts since
Dec 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 7, 2014 7:30 AM

2014 Quick way to transcode Canon C500 C300 2k 120fps footage from DPX to ProRes

I'm trying to convert 2k 120fps footage shot on a Canon C500 C300 to dual Gemini 444 recorders from MXF DPX to ProRes. I've tried Davinci Resolve Lite, After Effects (CS5) and Color, but none of them seem to work. I copied the footage from the Gemini's SSD cards using the supplied card reader, combined the footage using their merging software. I believe the next step is to take it into, from what I've heard, Davinci Resolve, in order to output a ProRes HQ. When I bring in the footage to Davinci Resolve, the clip is recognized, but only a black clip shows up. After Effects gives me the following error: After Effects warning: reading clip past end of frame. Color goes through the effort of creating a database, but then nothing is imported. Obviously something is up.

I posted in forum to look for solution to convert C500 2k 120fps MXF footage to ProRes. And luckily, some guy introduced Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, which is effective and efficient C500 C300 MXF DPX to ProRes Converter. What beyond my expectation is this program can also convert AVCHD footage from my C100, as well as common videos.

Below is a step-by-step tutorial to transcode Canon C500 C300 MXF DPX footage to ProRes. Hope it is helpful!

Step1: Import or drag & drop 2k 120fps footage

You can import raw MXF DPX via clicking "add video"or "add folder" in the upper corner or just drag it to the program directly. Here it's better to preview the raw files in the preview window to avoid of no audio condition.

If you want to merge MXF DPX files, just need to check the "Merge into one" box.

Transcode C500 2k 120fps from MXF DPX to ProRes is also equipped with "editor tool" in the main interface. The supported video editing operations are: trimming, cropping,appending artistic visual effects, adding watermarks and load subtitles to the videos.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format

Click "format" and under the FCP menu, you can clearly see native codec to read MXF DPX footage in FCP, including ProRes 422 and ProRes 444. You can also directly enter FCP in the search bar, even faster. ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve the quality f even the most demanding.

Step 3: Set profile for output ProRes 422 HQ MOV

Before use Canon C500 C300 2k 120fps MXF to ProRes converter, you can click the "Settings" button to adjust output profile settings. Here your can adjust bitrates, encode, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, sample rate, channels, etc.

Step 4: Transcode MXF DPX file to ProRes

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode C500 C300 2k 120fps MXF DPX to ProRes at high speed. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV easily. So now you can easily edit converted footage with Final Cut Pro.

More useful MXF to ProRes, FCPX Converter articles:

Convert GY-HM650 1080P 60i AVCHD to FCP on Marvericks 10.9.1

Transfer GY-HM650 MXF into Final Cut Pro

transcode GY-HM650 MXF to better Prores 4444 with original audio tracks

view/play JVC GY-HM650 MXF file in Avid

Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX3700/2700 P2 MXF to MOV

convert/transcode Panasonic HPX300 AVC-Intra100 MXF to FCP X

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...