Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1133 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 2:23 PM by pj29340 RSS
pj29340 Amateur 24 posts since
Aug 22, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2014 2:50 PM

Running After A Heart Attack ?

Was just wondering if anyone here returned to running after suffering a heart attack ?  A brief history; I am a former recreational runner. Last year, at age 45, I suffered a heart attack. Since that time, I have been walking most days of the week, sometimes as far as 4 miles, watching what I eat, and even doing some pushups and free squats a few days a week.
This morning, I left out on my walk and just took the notion to try to run.  I ran about a block and stopped; my legs actually gave out before my luings did so I take hope in that. I ran a short distance later in my walk and plan to start doing this about every other day on my walks . I would love to compete in a 5K in the future. So, anyone else running after a heart attack ?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...