Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

633 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2014 5:28 PM by Kegan36604
SparkyFox Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 10, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 10, 2014 12:56 PM

Gear To Keep Track of Walk/Jog Time

I do not have a smart phone, so I was wondering what people are using to keep track of their Couch to 5K while running.  The first couple weeks seem easy enough to keep track of, but I was thinking it would be easier if there were a device available to set times on to let me know when to walk and when to run.  Any ideas?  I do have an ironman watch, but have not looked into it too much yet to find out if it will work.

• Kegan36604 Pro 84 posts since
    Sep 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 20, 2014 5:28 PM (in response to SparkyFox)
    Gear To Keep Track of Walk/Jog Time

Most watches will let you set up interval timing.  It is a little tricky to program at first, but once you figure it out it is fairly easy to change as needed (week to week).  I used a little vibrating thing Jeff Galloway sells on his sight.  Looks like an old fashioned pager.   I bought it for the vibrate feature.  I didn't like having to listen for the beep, I preferred the vibrate.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points