Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2310 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2014 1:07 PM by JeffreyWang3
JeffreyWang3 Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 4, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2014 7:43 AM

calf cramps in Full/Half Marathon. What's wrong?

I just ran my first full Marathon on Sunday. I was feeling ok in beginning until 15th mile. I felt my left calf start cramping, After 5 miles, it became so sever that I had to stop to stretch it, then walk a few steps and run until it started cramping again. this happened during 20th to 24th mile. Around 24th mile, it became much lighter and I finally can pick up a little bit for the last 2 miles to finish. My right calf cramped a while in between 22nd and 23rd mile and disappeared without I realized it.

I think it's most like because my pace was about 10 sec. faster than my normal trainning pace. But just wanted to hear from other runners here becasue I found many advices here are very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...