Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1795 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 5:35 AM by CoachSC Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Joanne Corsano Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 2, 2012

I agree with what everyone has said. I took it one step further and wrote Cool Running an email with about six specific things that are wrong with the new calendar. To their credit, they wrote me back, but they didn't fix any of it. I live in Massachusetts and it used to be so easy to find races I was interested in. Now it's virtually impossible. I tried using "Massachusetts" in the location box, which brought me a random assortment of some races in Massachusetts (omitting others that I personally know about), and including some in New Hampshire!

I urge everyone to write them an email and express the wish that they would reinstate the ability to quickly display all races in a a particular state, the way the calendar used to be. If Cool Running realizes how many users they're driving to competing websites, maybe they will take action to fix the problems. But I'm afraid the real problem is that Cool Running has been bought out by a corporate entity (active.com) that only cares about one thing -- profit.

• riliberty Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 6, 2010

Dear Active.com/Cool Running, your site has become useless to me with the new search engine....We travel around the country and search by state regularly, not possible now...When I choose search "local events", the results are not...when I type in "Rhode Island", it shows a few races but not everything I saw in there before the change......big mistake here that is going to cost you a lot of traffic so please change back now before you lose everyone for good..and when race directors realize how much usage has dropped off they will move away as well, but the real losers here unfortunately are the charities that count on turnout to support their causes and they can no longer be found on CoolRunning....bad on you folks not only for changing something that worked but for deploying a site that doesn't even function as designed....Kevin

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points