Aug 8, 2014 6:05 PM
Attention All Prospective Players and Parents! Come and join the largest fast pitch softball organization in Knoxville, the Knoxville Explosion! Our teams have won 12 ASA, ISA and SEAA Open Tennessee State Championships in the 8u, 10u, 12u and 14u age groups from 2011-2014. More importantly, our 80% of our players are A or A/B Honor Roll students and our variety of community service projects teach our players to be assets to their own communities! Our head coaches are all Positive Coach Alliance (PCA) certified coaches and they are hand-picked due to their extensive knowledge and passion for the game of fast pitch softball. Each or our coaches are volunteers that are not compensated to coach. In addition, they are leaders in our communities, Lawyers, Business Owners, Hospital CFOs, Environmental Cleanup, as well as many other professions which mean they are upstanding members of the Knoxville and surrounding communities. This is your opportunity to attend our tryouts and hear from the coaches! In the Fall 2014, we will field a total of 10 teams, their age group, head coach information and position needs are listed as follows:
- 05 Explosion (10u), Head Coach Shane Alvey, email: email@example.com, phone: 865-621-5200, Needs: Pitchers and Catchers, Tryout Date: Saturday, August 16; Time: Noon, Location: Union Cumberland Presbyterian Church Field (400 Everett Rd, Knoxville, TN 37934)
- 04 Explosion (10u), Head Coach BJ Henderson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 865-389-3777, Needs: 3 Pitchers, Catcher, Speed and Utility Players; Tryout Date: Saturday, August 2; Time: 10 am; Location: Fountain City Park, Field #4
- 03 Explosion (12u), Head Coach Scott Blankenship, email: email@example.com; phone: 865-388-9778, Needs: Pitcher, Catcher, and utility player, '03 or '02 welcome. Tryout Date: Saturday, August 16; Time: 3 pm, Location: Union Cumberland Presbyterian Church Field (400 Everett Rd, Knoxville, TN 37934)
- 01 Explosion (14u), Head Coach Craig Webb, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 865-306-4236, Needs: SS, 2nd, Pitcher/Utility and Speed; Tryout Date: Sunday, August 10; Time: 2:00 pm; Location: Grace Christian High School Field
- Heads up for all players and parents wishing to tryout for the '00 Knoxville Explosion, tryouts scheduled for Saturday, August 9 have been rescheduled to Thursday, August 14 at 6 pm at Anchor Park on Turkey Creek Road in Farragut due to weather. Please mark your calendars! Call Coach Ken Tuggle - 865-389-8811.
-Explosion Select (16/18u), Head Coach Joe Birchfield, email: email@example.com; phone: 865-363-0728, Needs: 1 Experienced Front Line Pitcher to be part of excellent rotation, call for private tryout information
If you have any questions, please contact the respective coach. Also the various age groups will consider good players regardless of the age in a particular group, for example the ’02 Explosion would consider strong ’03 players or ’04 Explosion would consider strong ’05 players, etc. Thanks and see you at the field!
Parents and players often ask, why do we want to play for the Knoxville Explosion? Here are the top 10 reasons to join the Knoxville Explosion Fast Pitch Softball Organization David Letterman Style!
1. Commitment to the fundamentals. Our coaches are hand-picked due to their extensive knowledge of the game. Many have not only coached travel softball for an extended period of time but many of them are former players giving them key insight into the strategy of the game!
2. Reputation. The Knoxville Explosion Organization has an excellent reputation with many coaches, organizations, sanctioning bodies, players, parents and umpires. We have a reputation of turning out well-coached teams that compete but are also great kids off of the field.
3. Coaches. There are many excellent fast pitch softball coaches throughout the various age groups in the Knoxville softball communities. We are blessed to have excellent coaches that understand the game, are certified Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) double goal coaches who are volunteer coaches. Off of the field, our coaches are doctors, lawyers, CEOs, firemen, policemen, environmental professionals, lawyers, business owners, high school sport coaches and a hundred other professions, meaning your player will learn responsibility and how to act from leaders in our very own community!
4. Low Player Turn Over. We enjoy an astounding 90% player retention rate across the organization! While not for everyone, our organization is run like a family with family values!
5. Training. The Knoxville Explosion Player Development Program is a one of a kind program that focuses on all of the fundamental areas of game play, especially mental development. This includes situational game awareness. This is extremely important in the proper development of players! We also have a physical training program with Johnny Long Training Academy so our players develop quickness and strength as they mature.
6. Technology. We utilize the latest in softball training technology whether it be batting and fielding tools to use of video equipment and computer statistical analysis. This analysis is extremely important to identify flaws in player mechanics!
7. Production. We measure success by the development of each player. Players are better after they have completed our program than when we first encountered them. The results on the field are also impressive, our teams have posted 12 Tennessee State Championships in ISA, ASA, SEAA in the 8u, 10u, 12u and 14u age groups from 2011-2014. In addition, our teams have also finished runner-up in the 2014 14u USA/ASA Alabama Heartland Elite Showcase, in addition to a slew of East Tennessee Regional Championships!
8. Academic Excellence. The Knoxville Explosion prides itself on upholding the academic excellence within its organization. We expect our players to all be honor roll students and have an academic incentive and recognition program for our players.
9. Community Service. Understanding how blessed we actually are, The Knoxville Explosion undertakes a variety of community service projects to help those in the community less fortunate than us. The players actively participate in the community service projects that have included, but not been limited to hosting Christmas at the Smokey Mountain Children’s Home and Locks of Love Hair Donation Drives.
10. Size. We are the largest Fastpitch softball organization in Knoxville and are continuing to experience explosive growth. The advantage that this affords our players is that they have the option to remain within the organization if they are an older or younger player playing on the various Explosion teams. So worry not, your player will have every opportunity to stay with the organization without the worry of “what will we do next year” late season blues!