Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2713 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2006 10:01 AM by smadachy
smadachy Expert 55 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 5, 2006 10:10 AM

ID for the road

I'm listening to an AM radio program and the news on the hour mentioned an unidentified runner who passed away locally. He died while running after suffering a heart attack yesterday morning.  He is carrying no ID and they are looking for anyone who may have known him to help identify him.

This is so sad and unfortunate for him and his loved ones. I'll definately put ID in my running shorts before I head out today.  I usually never carry ID, unless it's my cell so I can be reached by the schools.  I just laminated an address label.  This news is a wake up call.

• carolcrc Pro 110 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Sep 5, 2006 1:45 PM (in response to smadachy)
    Re: ID for the road

ROADID.COM offers many options for carrying ID - dogtags, wrist, ankle, shoe - engraved on metal, with suggestions for listing multiple phone numbers, etc.  I don't leave home without it.

• heatherbrooke Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Sep 5, 2006 10:05 PM (in response to smadachy)

That's so sad about the runner who passed away.  Thanks for the post - that is definatley a good wake up call.

Carrying a business card or something similar with additional contact numbers on the back works too.

• deme73 Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Sep 5, 2006 10:39 PM (in response to smadachy)

i was thinking about that today as I put my knife in my pocket...I may need to have some kind of ID on myself just in case of an emergency....that post is a wake up call.

• deme73 Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Sep 5, 2006 11:22 PM (in response to smadachy)

Thanks for the info and the website...just ordered a wrist bracelet.

• Heksie Amateur 31 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    5. Sep 6, 2006 6:53 AM (in response to smadachy)

I never go for a run without letting someone know my planned route, distance and the time I'm leaving.

Another thing - I ALWAYS! have $2-00 on me when I go for a run longer than 8 miles.  We got lost once and landed up 20 miles from home and were very grateful that we had money for busfare!

Take care!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...