Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6035 Views 68 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2006 7:34 PM by Alex Filidez RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • cruxjuris Amateur 74 posts since
    Oct 5, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Jul 31, 2006 4:22 PM (in response to kudzurunner)
    Re: What the...? Chuck has started a trend

Marathonjunkie: Hopper is a $hitfly polluting this board for years. Why belittle yourself ? Go out and race.

• donnyl Amateur 587 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    46. Jul 31, 2006 4:46 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

Marathonjunkie<
    You're willing to go to jail for beating up a guy from an internet message board who doesn't agree with you? You're really starting to freak me out man!

• Marathonjunkie Rookie 16 posts since
    Jun 21, 2006
    47. Jul 31, 2006 6:03 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

I have the time to answer a few mindless nimrods stupid posts and there is no fear of going to jail for stomping hopper in the ground.  Have you seen our legal system lately.  That would be a good thread.  I would be out in less than 24 hours and end up with no more than a month of community service.  Honestly....the judge would probably give me an award for busting him in the mouth.

I will go out and race. Hoppers comments will not stop me or even slightly hinder me.

I do not feel that I am stooping to his level. I will actually back up what I am saying and not hide behind some keyboard in a foreign country. His level is that of being a coward. I will admit that the insults are just junior high banter and any semi intelligent being can laugh and posts more of them. I do enjoy these. They are just humorous to me and I am pretty sure that hopper is getting a laugh out of all this too.

I was hoping to have answered a few more serious questions on this thread...but the morons of the world inherently seek out posts that they feel are in the wrong place or wrong forum and rather than go to another thread and just accept it they have to wreck what could have been a informative thread for all of us who really want to discuss running.

But if someone wants to sling mud and play the junior high schooler, heck I'll join in. I like a good laugh as much as the next guy.

Hopper, when it comes to it though....you and I should meet.  Just once!

• Rosie Ruiz Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 7, 2005
    48. Jul 31, 2006 8:19 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

quote:

Originally posted by Marathonjunkie:

I have the time to answer a few mindless nimrods stupid posts and there is no fear of going to jail for stomping hopper in the ground. Have you seen our legal system lately. That would be a good thread. I would be out in less than 24 hours and end up with no more than a month of community service. Honestly....the judge would probably give me an award for busting him in the mouth.

I will go out and race. Hoppers comments will not stop me or even slightly hinder me.

I do not feel that I am stooping to his level. I will actually back up what I am saying and not hide behind some keyboard in a foreign country. His level is that of being a coward. I will admit that the insults are just junior high banter and any semi intelligent being can laugh and posts more of them. I do enjoy these. They are just humorous to me and I am pretty sure that hopper is getting a laugh out of all this too.

I was hoping to have answered a few more serious questions on this thread...but the morons of the world inherently seek out posts that they feel are in the wrong place or wrong forum and rather than go to another thread and just accept it they have to wreck what could have been a informative thread for all of us who really want to discuss running.

But if someone wants to sling mud and play the junior high schooler, heck I'll join in. I like a good laugh as much as the next guy.

Hopper, when it comes to it though....you and I should meet. Just once!

Marathonjunkie,
    Good luck with your running. You are a positive person on this site. Hooper or hopper is clearly a figment of his own imagination.

• hopper3011 Rookie 301 posts since
    Feb 27, 2001
    49. Aug 1, 2006 2:55 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

quote:

You posted earlier all the running you have done.

No I didn't, for the simple reason that I don't come on here to post about myself, but rather about the great sport of running. Unfortunately, you are neither a participant at the level which interests me (or at the level which this particular section of the message board is aimed), nor are you able to converse intelligently about it, as your latest efforts with a keyboard indicate. AndyHass appears to have pegged you quite accurately as a self-promoting windbag. There are serious topics on this board, I notice that you haven't joined the discussions there? Is it because they aren't topics about the adventures of Chuckles and DaneO?

quote:

a (sic)informative thread for all of us who really want to discuss running.

On the other thread you were saying that you don't post here, you prefer RW (I can see you as a Bingham acolyte), yet on this one you are a stalwart and dedicated poster? So, lets discuss running, what did you think about the 5 at Crystal Palace on Friday? What's that you didn't watch it! Oh, you were too busy churning out another sub-par performance in some race that nobody has ever heard of. Who cares.

I tell you what, keep pumping out your pathetic and impotent (very impotent) threats, I'm sure that your apparent Tourette's is putting off some of your more marginal fans, which can only be a good thing. Your tirades remind me of Alex Filides' meltdown, we got rid of him, you're just another passing phase.

• Corn Dog Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 25, 2002
    50. Aug 1, 2006 5:15 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

quote:

Originally posted by hopper3011:

No I didn't, for the simple reason that I don't come on here to post about myself, but rather about the great sport of running. Unfortunately, you are neither a participant at the level which interests me (or at the level which this particular section of the message board is aimed), nor are you able to converse intelligently about it, as your latest efforts with a keyboard indicate. AndyHass appears to have pegged you quite accurately as a self-promoting windbag. There are serious topics on this board, I notice that you haven't joined the discussions there? Is it because they aren't topics about the adventures of Chuckles and DaneO?

On the other thread you were saying that you don't post here, you prefer RW (I can see you as a Bingham acolyte), yet on this one you are a stalwart and dedicated poster? So, lets discuss running, what did you think about the 5 at Crystal Palace on Friday? What's that you didn't watch it! Oh, you were too busy churning out another sub-par performance in some race that nobody has ever heard of. Who cares.

I tell you what, keep pumping out your pathetic and impotent (very impotent) threats, I'm sure that your apparent Tourette's is putting off some of your more marginal fans, which can only be a good thing. Your tirades remind me of Alex Filides' meltdown, we got rid of him, you're just another passing phase.

Damn, dude.  Don't you ever quit crying?

Jun 21, 2006
    51. Aug 1, 2006 10:03 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

Hopper,

If you are refering to the 5000 metre in Crystal Palace in Selhurst Park, London that included such greats at Mottram, Lagat, Goucher and a few other great runners. Yes, I did see it and read about it. You tool. But again you fail to read the topic of this thread. Get an original thought about that race and post it on new thread. And I didn't laugh at any of your jokes this time. Although I thought the Tourettes comment was a little funny. But that disease usually involves randon shouting. And I am only typing. So again you reveal how dense you really are. Great job.
    You could have started a thread about how great the field was in London or maybe you could have offered some insult toward those runners as well. Maybe you could have argued that the slower runners should not have been running in that particular stadium because they were not appropriate for that race. But hopefully you would put your wisecracks on a new thread. Please stick around though...I do enjoy the banter. And if I do loose a marginal fan because of my tirades that's fine. It's funny that you think I need fans. I am a fan of the marthon and that is sufficient. I think most people would read our posts on this thread and see that you are the one who is mucking it up and posting comments that are not warranted here or wanted on this particular thread. You are pretty simple minded to feel that this is the right thread to bring up some race in your backyard. Start a new thread. I really have no interest in the 5000. I run marathons. So maybe if you are lucky you can find out some news from the marathon world and post a new thread and I might join in. I doubt it though. I think all your luck ran out when you captured your wife. Was it a snare or did you just shoot her with a high powered rifle.
    And since through all of this you and Andy seemed to have become cell mates why don't you both just keep stroking each other. If his running a 2:28 is at the level you want to discuss fine. Start a thread about how amazing he is for running 2:28. I have yet to mention anything about my running accolades on this or anything thread unless someone has specifically asked about a fact or figure. So you can loose that point as well as the one about my impotent threats. Make the trip to the states you hack.
    Again, I didn't start the thread. Do you understand that? Do you need an interpreter you wank! This thread has become more about you and I discussing who knows what. Which is fine with me. I am sure that we can continue to belittle and name call. Eventually this thread will get deleted by the originator. Maybe MikeBro will petition to get this thread removed.
         And I do realize that this is just moment in time for me.  I will not achieve immortality or some world prize for running.  I don't care.  I just like to run.  Apparently that is a point that you have failed to understand as well.  Seriously hopper just go piss off on some other thread and let this one die off or get deleted.

• Ianmick Rookie 23 posts since
    Sep 14, 2001
    52. Aug 1, 2006 10:12 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

Here's a suggestion, lock this total waste of space and move it to the clubhouse where it belongs. Then you can restrict it to only those who are fans of Chuck and nothing but positive, uplifting responses will get posted.

• rbbmoose Pro 324 posts since
    Oct 12, 2007
    53. Aug 1, 2006 10:16 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

Chuck - Keep racing and leave hopper to his babbling. - He's not going to stop whining and will never let you have the last word.

I personally think what you are doing is great... although if you are in PA, I'd like buy you a beer and would also love to take a (weak) shot at racing you.

RB (another supbar marathoner).

• baggio16 Rookie 87 posts since
    Aug 14, 2002
    54. Aug 1, 2006 10:35 AM (in response to kudzurunner)
    danerunsalot - It's good to see that you're doing well in your goal and raising some good money too. Good luck to you.

By the way, we met down in Tampa, waiting at the start for that storm to clear. It was a miserable day for me, but I made up for it a couple months later in Fargo.

----

Jun 21, 2006
    55. Aug 1, 2006 12:10 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

RB,

I will be running at the Erie Thon. I ran there in 03 and it seemed to be well organized and very flat. Anyone looking to run a fast time for themselves would do well to attend. Great support and organization too. Very gentle curves and beautiful scenery with the lake in the backdrop. Let me know what you hope to run and maybe I can help pace you along.
      I am also considering Johnstown and Steamtown at some point this year or next.

• rbbmoose Pro 324 posts since
    Oct 12, 2007
    56. Aug 1, 2006 12:43 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

Thanks Chuck.  - I'll look at these marathons. 

I ran Steamtown last fall - 2:46 ... Its a downhill course as you know. I'm almost 47 so I'm out of your age group (and league)....but I usually finish in the money against the other fossils.

Take care and keep that sense of humor.

Ray

Jun 21, 2006
    57. Aug 1, 2006 2:11 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

Ray,

Holy cow....2:46....phenomenal. You "fossils" are quite impressive. Thanks for the encouragement.
        Erie is hot at times but there is shade on most of the course and 90 degree turns are non-existent.  Not downhill but very flat.

• danerunsalot Rookie 66 posts since
    Oct 13, 2007
    58. Aug 8, 2006 10:33 PM (in response to kudzurunner)

quote:

Originally posted by baggio16:

danerunsalot - It's good to see that you're doing well in your goal and raising some good money too. Good luck to you.

By the way, we met down in Tampa, waiting at the start for that storm to clear. It was a miserable day for me, but I made up for it a couple months later in Fargo.

[/B]

Baggio,

Nothing like standing for 30 minutes in the corrals wondering if we would even have a race that day huh? Drop me a line and we will chat more!

D

• alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    59. Aug 9, 2006 11:59 AM (in response to kudzurunner)

quote:

Originally posted by fredurie:

John Stanton doesn't know crap about running.

So then why do I pay $200 for his running clinic?

----

Alex[/URL" target="_blank">

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...