Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

26747 Views 381 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2007 1:51 PM by hopeful4ever RSS 1 2 3 ... 26 Previous Next
SLOjim Pro 365 posts since
Nov 17, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 22, 2007 7:36 PM

Boomer dogs and other assorted pets

quote:
--

<br />Originally posted by arf:<br />Hopeful - I love to find out about all the Boomer dogs - what breed is Brinkley?<br /><br /><br />  <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by hopeful45:<br /><b>   Brinkley is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon - we also have his dad "Huntley".   But he has a sore hip, so I haven't taken him out running with me.   This is a photo of him when he was only a few months old - once I get the digital card out of the reader again, I'll need to get some more up-to-date photo's.<br /><br />      <br />Not sure I didn the photo thing right.<br /><br />Speaking of dogs, I'm still worried about Larry D's dog "Chips" - did he come home yet??<br /><br /><br /></b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br /><br /><br />I thought this deserves a seperate thread. <br /><br />Remember when you post your pet pictures, make sure you include the pet's age and birthday so Starr can start another list   !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!<br /><br /><br />--

Jim[/URL" target="_blank">

[http://This message has been edited by SLOjim (edited Jun-20-2005).|http://This message has been edited by SLOjim (edited Jun-20-2005).]

• RunstheBitterroot Legend 591 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    1. Jun 20, 2005 11:33 PM (in response to SLOjim)
    Re: Boomer dogs and other assorted pets

The pouch is home! He was born about a year ago Febuary, he is a Red(Blue) Healer, supposadly mixed with Spaniel, though I don't see it by looks but he loves the water. He is a smiler and greets everyone, thats why he got in the car with strangers. His favorite game is chase as he nudges other dogs and challenges them to a run. His best dog friend is a part wolf and they play chase for hours. He has two cats that were quite worried while he was away, they would come up to the door waiting for him to come out. He mauls the cats and they love it, carries them around by the head, very funny to watch. He loves chasing rabbits, and finally catching one, learned he liked eating them. Never short tempered only snapped at one dog who continued to harrass him until he had to set things straight which he did, normally he gets into the yielding position as he hates to fight, just wants to run and play. Glad our dog is home. Larry D.

----

"If you see a man running up a mountain trail in Montana with a fly pole attached to his back, you are probably lost. LDD

• tallrunner Legend 573 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    2. Jun 21, 2005 9:17 AM (in response to SLOjim)

- Darby our golder retriever 6 year old female, loves to run with me.
    - Kaya our 16 year male cat, the boss of the house
    - Cricket our 12 year old female, gets into everything. My 5am morning alarm.
    Cinnamon, our 6 month old female rabbit...my kids joy
    4 large fish tanks with a variety of different fish, frogs, shellfish..

The kids and my wife keeping asking for more, but I have put my foot down...although I probably will loose again in the near future.

----

About Tallrunner[/URL" target="_blank">

• Hopeful45 Amateur 12 posts since
    May 2, 2007
    4. Dec 22, 2007 7:36 PM (in response to SLOjim)

AWWW Jim - that's nice of you to start this thread with Brinkley's photo!    I'm going to enjoy reading about everyone's "other" family members.

Our extended family:

Remington - just turned 9 yesterday and he's a 119# Rotweiller that'd lick you to death - but intimidating to look at.

Huntley - He's our 5 year old Wirehaird Pointing Griffon.
    Brinkley - 14 Month Old son of Huntley.

The Wirehaired Pointing Griffon is a versatile hunting dog. They are very loveable, smart and great companions. Brinkley loves to climb up in my lap at night and just cuddle . . . . drives my DH nuts cuz he thinks I baby him too much . . . . oh well!

It is my dream to get a female some day and breed them.

Edited to add Huntley's picture - he's our "stud"!

[http://This message has been edited by hopeful45 (edited Jun-22-2005).|http://This message has been edited by hopeful45 (edited Jun-22-2005).]

• glidegal Legend 506 posts since
    Mar 7, 2005
    5. Jun 21, 2005 12:10 PM (in response to SLOjim)

I love this threadso cute to see the various pups and hear about the pecking order at other households.  I laughed right out and very loud at Sweet Pea, the world's largest weiner dog.  Good one SLOjim!  <br /><br />We have a 3 1/2 year old female yellow lab, Sami, a 6 year old male cat, Chance (who rules the roost where Sami is concerned).  Sam is huge (105#) and occasionally gets a miler in I think my longer runs would hurt her pads-and I don't want to stop every 15 feet for a new adventure in "what's that smell?"  And at that weight, when Sam stops, I stop-right now!  Someone just sent me this joke and I thought y'all would appreciate it--have a great day, glidegal

I pulled into the crowded parking lot at the Super Wal-Mart Shopping Center and rolled down the car windows to make sure my Labrador Retriever Pup (insert your critter here) had fresh air.
    She was stretched full-out on the back seat and I wanted to impress upon her that she must remain there. I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the car and saying emphatically, "Now you stay. Do you hear me?"  "Stay! Stay!"  The driver of a nearby car, a pretty blonde young lady, gave me a strange look and said,  "Why don't you just put it in park?"

• ajhjc Pro 119 posts since
    Apr 26, 2005
    6. Jun 21, 2005 12:11 PM (in response to SLOjim)

Slojim, you are after my heart cause I *love* dogs!!  I don't have any pics of mine here at work but will post when I get home (it will be hard to choose which is the best!) 

Just wanted to pipe in and say that I am glad RTB's dog has finally returned!!  Can't wait to see others!

Apr 26, 2005
    7. Jun 21, 2005 5:11 PM (in response to SLOjim)

Here are 2 of my favorite pics because Hannah is smiling.  We adopted her from a rescue organization and she is about 10 years old now.  She is very social and goes to the doggie park every weekend.  She loves car rides and even cats.  We had 2 other Rottweilers of our own before her and fostered about 12 more for the rescue organization.  What a ball that was -- at one time we had 5 of them laying around in the living room and walking over them was like stepping over crocodiles LOL!  Good times....good times...

• Econo011 Legend 1,429 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Jun 22, 2005 12:37 AM (in response to SLOjim)

Here's Little Econo 2 yrs ago with Sox, the 18-pound Wonder Cat.  Soxie is really social.  He won't eat unless we're in the kitchen with him.  Sox probably weighs more than Jim's dachshund!

• Better than yesterday Legend 767 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Jun 22, 2005 5:28 AM (in response to SLOjim)

El Duque, our 3 1/2 year old Black Lab mix, used to be my running partner when I was doing no more than 2 miles per workout, and he wasn't as "thick" as he is now.  Difficulty is that he's completely in love with my DW, and would have to be "dragged" the first mile (away from the house), and I could barely keep up with him on the way home (Mommy!!  I'm coming Mommy!!).  Now he gets his exercise swimming - incredibly strong swimmer.

The other pets are not much for going on walks/runs...Jared, the pudgie Teddy Bear Hamster, Sparky, the hyper hamster, Spike, the baby spotted leopard gekko, and Finny and Sharky the Beta Fish.    These critters belong to My Three Sons, 9, 11, and 12 years old respectively.  Finny and Sharky are sort of everybody's.  DD doesn't have pets but enough Brats dolls to keep her busy.

• StarrRuns Pro 133 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Jun 22, 2005 9:07 AM (in response to SLOjim)

First of all, Jim, I think arf should keep the pet list, but nice try  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!.  I can honestly say that I have never seen a giant dachsund before.  We have 1 dog, Sandy who will be 10 on Halloween this year.  She likes everyone, but loves me best.  Her mother was a Bichon Frizzy who was raped by a neighborhood dog, a cocker spaniel mixed breed.  Starr

• perchcreek Legend 821 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    11. Jun 22, 2005 9:49 AM (in response to SLOjim)

I love this thread! Great idea!

This picture is posted elsewhere but it's the best one I have of Tory. It is really hard to get a good picture of a pitch black dog (his pictures usually look like some dog guarding the gates of Hell - really scary) He looks reallly cute when his ears are down, the way he is when he's happy and relaxed and not on "alert". Needless to say, I feel safe running with my buddy.

In January he went on a 26.2 mile training run so I dedicated my MCM hardware to him... good job Tory!

He gets in about 30 - 40 mpw and most evenings plays at the dog park with his buddies, running and wrestling (wolf style!)

Tory is a mix of shepherd, husky and lab. Perfect for long distance running.

• MaconMoves072 Rookie 233 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    12. Jun 22, 2005 1:10 PM (in response to SLOjim)

My last year's Christmas photo. Son, John is holding the ferrets, Bandit and Sophie. Daughter  Anna is "holding" Winston, 104 pound 7 year old black lab. I'm holding Hartley, who was found outside my girlfriend's gymn, just dumped on the road.

----

Just because you started late, doesn't mean you have to finish last.[/URL" target="_blank">

• glidegal Legend 506 posts since
    Mar 7, 2005
    13. Jun 22, 2005 2:05 PM (in response to SLOjim)

Starr, you were kind of harsh on the neighbor dog... couldn't you call it a one time fling??  That said, look what a darling offspring they produced!!  Too cute!

glidegal

Apr 26, 2005
    14. Jun 22, 2005 2:18 PM (in response to SLOjim)

quote:

Originally posted by glidegal:

Starr, you were kind of harsh on the neighbor dog... couldn't you call it a one time fling?? That said, look what a darling offspring they produced!! Too cute!

Hear, hear for the mixed breeds. Some of the cutest dogs I've seen and also probably the healthiest. We are not pro-purebred, just fell into it, I guess, but I volunteer at the local city animal shelter, and see some real cuties.

Maconmoves, we can't see your pic 

1 2 3 ... 26 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...