Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6467 Views 38 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2008 3:15 PM by arvold@uiuc.eud 1 2 3 Previous Next
neversaynever Rookie 8 posts since
Apr 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 4, 2007 3:12 PM

too old???????????

Hi,I'm a 49 yr. old female that has been weightlifting and spinning for quite a while.   I started running on a TM about 2 months ago.  I am up to 5K.  I love it and feel great.  I've just decided to enter a 5K race and am very excited about it. Just to spoil everything, I was told today that I am already too old to start running.  Other activities such as swimming, elliptical, spinning are safer - but running could be dangerous.  Is this true?  I know someone out there will tell me what I want to hear.  Also, should I continue weightlifting while training for the 5K, if I do decide to do it?  Thanks.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...