Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4534 Views 59 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2007 10:08 PM by dg9005 RSS 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Dark Horse Legend 1,684 posts since
Oct 9, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 18, 2007 8:08 PM

Kosovo Marathon photos

Just for fun, here are six photos from the race.

I was lucky enough to have several soldiers take photos of me. Some even took brief movies of me with their digital cameras! I don't know how to post movies here: probably a good thing.

Can you tell I'm a Pre fan?  One of the other runners, whose name was Sergeant Sargentreminiscent of Major Major in Catch-22has been calling me Pre for the last couple days. It's nice that the youngsters know who he is.

My outfit made me recognizable from a great distance, so my colleagues Sgt. Camargo and Lt. Prewitt, who zig-zagged around the base for an hour and a half taking photos and short movies of me, were easily able to locate me.

Before the race, ready to do battle:

Below is Sgt. Fortuna, the local organizer. This photo gives you an idea of the monstrous hills we had to climb throughout the course. If you look closely, you can actually see me coming up the hill, almost halfway up the right edge of the photolook for the tiny smudge of yellow.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Here I am coming up the same hill on the first of four loops, the wind blowing out my clothes and making me look about 50 pounds heavier than I am:<br /><br /> <br /><br />I stopped to drink at every water stop; there were four on the loop, so roughly every mile and a half:<br /><br /> <br /><br />Leaving the water stop:<br /><br /> <br /><br />Finally, here I am early in loop 2. Midway through loop 2, I was 11th out of 41 runners. The rest of the way, I passed two runners and one runner passed me. So I ran alone most of the race:<br /><br /> <br /><br />Dark Horse<br /><br />--

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...