Skip navigation

2386 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2006 9:45 AM by Surrena RSS
ericbergin Rookie 6 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 2, 2006 8:48 AM

ear aches....

Hello,

I am racing my first tri on august 13th. Lately when swimming in the pool or open water I have had some earaches. Everytime my right arm enters the water I hear a pop! Last week when leaving the lake my ear really hurt and I felt a little wobbly on my feet. Has anyone had these problems and have a solution?

Earplugs ...or will the swim cap solve the problem

• palomastephens Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Sep 18, 2006 1:55 PM (in response to ericbergin)
    Re: ear aches....

Hi, I am training for a triathlon, and I have the same problems with my ears! I use ear plugs, a swim cap, and swimmers ear drop each time I get out of the water(even the shower). Since I have been doing that I have not had any problems at all.

**You have to REALLY push the ear plugs in your ear, it might hurt the first few times, but if you don't you will still get water in them:(

• Surrena Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Oct 31, 2006 9:45 AM (in response to ericbergin)
    Re: ear aches....

I like the plastic ear plugs, not the wax ones.  If you get a little infection, olive oil plus tea tree oil heated gently in the microwave works wonders.  Use 4 to 1 ratio of olive oil to tea tree.  The heated olive oil brings down inflammation and is very soothing to the canal, the tea tree oil kills bacteria.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...