Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4186 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2010 7:38 PM by actmanman Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Pie Jones Legend 229 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. May 8, 2007 1:34 PM (in response to dselby3)
    Re: Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Just showing up in those elements tells me you have the right stuff.  Finding out it's marathon 23 tells me I shouldn't have been surprised you ran so well in those conditions.  Terrific job in that wind.  Should make number 24 seem easier if you get a nice windless day.

• Dove02 Pro 185 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    16. May 8, 2007 1:38 PM (in response to dselby3)

Nice job Dave. #23 is in the bag.

I think the stress of worrying about the weather (not just the weather itself) is a huge factor and contributes to hitting the wall. We all know marathoning is a mental game, and this one was great for that mental conditioning.

-Dove

• Canfit Legend 1,055 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Dec 22, 2007 11:38 PM (in response to dselby3)

Wow ...23 marathons!  Congrats on a great time too, Dave, under tough conditions.  I think your comment "I did the best I could for that race" says it all. 

BTW ...I, for one, would say that 3:54 is very acceptable!!
    PJ

[http://This message has been edited by Canfit (edited May-08-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Canfit (edited May-08-2007).]

• Legend 1,827 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    18. May 9, 2007 2:23 PM (in response to dselby3)

Wow, you are a great marathoner!  How cool that you are a TnT runner also, but you are such a wonderful guy (and from such a wonderful family) that I am not surprised.  Good luck in San Diego, I have arranged for there to be no rain just for you.  

• Spareribs823 Legend 2,040 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. May 9, 2007 5:07 PM (in response to dselby3)

You are a machine Dave.  Another good one and a strong finish too.  Good luck in SD.   Spareribs

• TomD026 Pro 124 posts since
    Dec 14, 2003
    20. May 9, 2007 7:57 PM (in response to dselby3)

Nice going Dave.  My string of 14 LIncoln's in a row was broken this year.  I also will not be running Omaha (running Quad -  Cities) or Bohemian Alps (Maui) this year. 

Donna and I were in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. A very close cousin passed away last Thursday. We flew in for his funeral.

TomD

• littlerockgm Pro 141 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    21. May 9, 2007 8:13 PM (in response to dselby3)

Nice run Dave.  Been there (recently) done that with the fast start....the Rose Kamakasi Marathon race method....  Nice result for a difficult windy day.

Good running Dave.
    Jim

• FlyingFinn080 Legend 613 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    22. May 9, 2007 9:13 PM (in response to dselby3)

Good job, Dave. That wind must have been tough. Congratulations on your 23rd marathon! Good luck in your next one. I'm getting ready for my 2nd on May 20 and will a) try not to run fast in the beginning and
    b) pray for no wind.

• actmanman Pro 47 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    23. Oct 5, 2010 7:38 PM (in response to dselby3)

i have the origional xbox, origional gamecube, and the ps2, the each have 1 controler, for ps2 i have about 7 or 8 games that i cant think of, xbox i have halo halo2 and probaly 3 or 4 other games, and for gamecube i have zelda windwaker, and zelda oot, how much could i get for the hole lot on craigslist, and ebay, because i really want an nintendo wii, do you think i could trade them in for one at gamestop, if i give a little extra cash, and how much extra would i have to pay?

-----------
    start write program since high school,anyone are welcome to try two program written by me:
    mp4 to mp3: a free mp4 to mp3 tool;
    mp4 to wmv:a free mp4 to wmv tool

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...