Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

952 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2008 1:13 PM by culinarydoctor RSS
RunTWM Rookie 27 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 3, 2007 6:56 PM

Sprinting uphill

Just wondering if anyone has utilized this in their training.  I'm just starting to experiment with including some uphill sprints as part of my weekly training.  There's some evidence that it could be quite helpful.
Looking for suggestions as to how much to do and what the experience of others has been who have used this method as part of their training.  Today I did 7 uphill sprints (hard push up gradual incline) of about 20 seconds each, walked/jogged down with about 1:10 in between the sprints.  Prior to this I have been doing weekly interval training on a track, as well as my distance running.  I'm hoping to utilize this as part of getting my race performances to a new level.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...