Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8597 Views 70 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2007 11:44 AM by Nordic Berserker RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • Tramps031 Legend 735 posts since
    Oct 31, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Jun 13, 2007 3:07 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)
    Re: Wed Jun 13 Boomer Runs

On the one hand, I'm secretly jealous of the Mt. Washington runners.

On the other hand, I'm secretly relieved that I didn't get in and I don't have to train for it...this year.

I'll be rooting hard for you all. That's no secret. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

[[yelling loudly]] Hey, Thunderbolter?  You out there?

• Tamalina Legend 1,589 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    46. Jun 13, 2007 4:10 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Today is my son's last day of 1st grade, so I took the day off work.  I ran 4 miles this morning and then volunteered at his school with the various activities they have planned for the day.  Then DH came up at lunchtime at had bbq lunch with DS. He should be home from school in about an hour and then we are taking him to a matinee later this afternon to see Pirates 3, then to his favorite pizza place for dinner.

----

Tamalina[/URL" target="_blank">

• tselbs Legend 1,208 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    47. Jun 13, 2007 4:11 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

mariposai, congrats on your son's graduation and thanks for the picture.  Tramps, the ages of those who finished around you sure was interesting.  DaveinAA, continued best wishes for you to get back to normal.  Mustang Sally, I like your doctor's idea of seeing a sports doctor but not for the reason he proposed.  Good luck in resolving your problem.  vista, that's really something about the stress test.  You're in such good shape it couldn't help determing the problem.  You have my best wishes in determining the cause and best treatment.  BTY, it was nice to hear from you.  fjord, I wouldn't mind seeing a cougar out my window but I sure don't want to hear of one in the area where I'm running.

Nice long runs for Evan, dshclio (still fighting that darn sciatica - best of luck in getting rid of it), Skip, soot, and Lab. Good job on the speedwork for jjj (on hills), UncleSteve, and choover.

This morning, it was a pleasant 60 when I started, warming to about 70 by the end of my run. I got in 8 miles in about 1:15 for a 9:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• RunstheBitterroot Legend 591 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    48. Jun 13, 2007 4:16 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Hi Boomers!  Went out for my run, was going to be a longish 16 mile run but I bagged it after 12 miles.  Most uncomfortable run in a long time, intestinal cramps, leg cramps.  Hr and pace were ok for easy run and hr dropped quickly after excercise.  I think I know the culprit.  Bing Cherries,  I have an addiction to them and have been eating bags of them, probably washed out all my electrolites.  Why do I do this to myself?  Fortunately, I am wise enough to bring along toilet paper and my handy buck knife for digging latrines while on the run.  I think I will knock of the cherries and try my long run again next week. 
    Good Runs All, Larry

----

"If you see a man running up a mountain trail in Montana with a fly pole attached to his back, you are probably lost. LDD

• perchcreek Legend 821 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    49. Jun 13, 2007 4:22 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

quote:

Originally posted by RunsTheBitterroot:

Fortunately, I am wise enough to bring along toilet paper and my handy buck knife for digging latrines while on the run.

!http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!
    You musta been a Boy(Eagle) scout!

• LaTortuga13 Legend 1,786 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007
    50. Jun 13, 2007 4:39 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Self induced tri here today:

3.5 mile run
    4 mile bike ride
    1 mile swim

Oh well - all in good fun

Vista. Take care and be careful about what treatments you buy into. As a researcher I lean toward Evidence-based medicine. Is this treament FDA approved? What clinical studies have they run and where were the trial centers?

Peter NC – nice way to work through your reluctance – and the pool too!!!

Tomwhite need to post Maggie too - we want to see her mug!

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/003462.shtml[/URL" target="_blank">

• tallrunner Legend 573 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    51. Jun 13, 2007 4:45 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

30 minutes at lunch today easy but with 6 or so 200 meter sprints in the 30 second range. Very hot today and the rest of the week. Lovin in it.

Going to race a 5K on Fathers Day. It benefits Prostate Cancer.

Take care
    Tall

• munchkn883 Legend 314 posts since
    Nov 10, 2007
    52. Jun 13, 2007 5:02 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Geez, I need to walk, but don't seem to be able to get up off the couch...at least not with three grandkids crawling on me!!

Will try to walk tomorrow and post...I promise!

• evanflein Legend 1,275 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    53. Jun 13, 2007 5:44 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Lunchtime run again today in the wind and heavy clouds, but no rain (yeah!). Have a busy soccer night tonight so switching today's 10 with tomorrow's 5 works out well. I do a lot of this switching and swapping as the season gets busy.

Any ideas on running in Las Vegas? I'm thinking I'll be using the hotel treadmill a lot... Might get in a run while the kids are warming up before their games.

----

evanflein[/URL" target="_blank">

• jebsmythe Legend 702 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    54. Jun 13, 2007 5:57 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Erika, if you're staying on The Strip, you can get up early and run it.  It's about 8.5 miles from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere and back.  Even early in the morning, there is some very interesting people watching to be had.

Rest day for me...which means yardwork.  Pblttt!

• vista129 Legend 800 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    55. Jun 13, 2007 6:00 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

I am actually on my way to Vegas this weekend myself.

I have usually run early morning right on the strip area. The downside to that is the steps, escalators, and overpasses for pedestrians that are there. Actually I sort of enjoyed the step work for running. If you go off the strip there are parallel streets that you can run on but you have traffic lights and traffic to deal with. Of course most of the hotels have treadmills but they are pricey there.

The heat is there during the day time, so early morning worked best for me. Good luck and have fun. I am there for a week.

----

vista129[/URL" target="_blank">

• RunstheBitterroot Legend 591 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    56. Jun 13, 2007 6:31 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Evanfline, drive west on Charston Blvd, it will take you out to Red Rock Canyon Nat'l Concervation area, there are some nice trails and the loop road is good too.  Very nice area.  There is an entry fee.  Larry

----

"If you see a man running up a mountain trail in Montana with a fly pole attached to his back, you are probably lost. LDD

• runwun Legend 352 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    57. Jun 13, 2007 6:49 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Great runs all, i ran at 420 pm today,hot 83 degrees,9 miles @ 7:20 pace and 1 mile cool down............

• tomwhite Legend 2,011 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    58. Jun 13, 2007 6:58 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

.....LT//........no clue how to post pics........

....................Maggie is a brindle Mountain Cur.......basically picutre a LARGE brindle-colored Coyote with a Blank Stare.....

that doesn't know how to play ''fetch''..............

• Econo011 Legend 1,429 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    59. Jun 13, 2007 7:13 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

yay!  Go, La Tortuga!  Nice triathlon (a full mile swim, yipes!)

1200y swim for me, with every 4th lap as fast as possible.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...