Skip navigation

2326 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 10, 2009 7:18 PM by Bhusn RSS
jaektaylor Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 23, 2006 7:31 AM

Goggles for large brow

Anyone else out there with a prominent brow that can suggest goggles that fit.  I have tried several models from tyr, speedo and seal.  They all seemed to fit in the store - stayed on face with no straps, but all leak once in the the water.  The seal mask would be great if they were larter - I have to put the top above my brow to get a seal which brings the bottom up to the bottom of my eyes making it uncomfortable and reducing my field of vistion.  The other types end up leaking no matter what and are quite painful.  Thanks

\

\

__\

@ \

__\

_|

\

___\

• Bhusn Rookie 6 posts since
    Mar 10, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 10, 2009 7:18 PM (in response to jaektaylor)
    Re: Goggles for large brow

To be honest with you, all goggles that are NOT racing goggles should be banned except for diving masks for DIVING ONLY!  I've used Speedo Vanquisher for 10 years and I don't want any other brand.  They are fantastic!  Two things, make sure you put the correct size nose bridge in when you first buy them, and don't lose the extras; two: when you put them on, you should raise your eyebrows like your shocked, and then press the cups against your eyes to get a suction seal.  They should be able to stay on without a strap on deck before you dive in...that's the test for a real seal.  You can even test that in the store.  Another helpful doodad is a bungie strap...costs about $5USD and allows for QUICK adjustment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...