Skip navigation

1699 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2006 12:59 PM by carcharney RSS
carcharney Rookie 4 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 25, 2006 12:59 PM

Hurt running, now what?

After training for 5 months for a Mini-marathon i have unfortunately come down with a stress fracture in my lower leg. Allbeit, one week before the goal race. Ran 5K, 10K and 10 miler over the last 2 months and loved it (running about 9 minute miles in each). I have always been athletic and always counted on exercise. Now being injured, I have decided to up my swimming. Although i loved running, biking, and swimming over the past few months, i loved the weight i dropped and confidence i gained just as much. I dont want to lose all that now. I already swim 1-2 times a week, and feel wonderrfully confortable with my stroke. I swim till i am good and tired- about 45 minutes and cool down for about 10. Does anyone out there know of a schedule I can follow (i need schedules...) that i can continue to lose weight and feel good? I eat very well already and that routine has now stuck for good, i just need a laid out plan... I would like to compete in a sprint triathalon within the next few months and want to follow up when my leg is good and ready.

thanks so much! have a great day!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...