Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

8328 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2007 1:58 PM by Mijohe
Mijohe Amateur 22 posts since
Sep 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2007 9:32 AM

IronMan Tattoo..

So, how many of you that have completed an IronMan (which I have not, but in process of training for one) went out and got the IM logo Tattoo somewhere on your body? and why, and would you do it agian if you had the option?

Reason, I see first timers finish and go out and get one - want to hear from those that have - since I am thinking in that direction.

Thanks

http://community.active.com/blogs/Mijohe

• Anthony_All3 Legend 237 posts since
    Aug 8, 2007
    1. Sep 13, 2007 9:40 AM (in response to Mijohe)
    Re: IronMan Tattoo..

I know that when I complte IM Wisconsin, I will be getting the Mdot tattoo.  I will be very proud to have completed such a task.  It is a great sacrifice and an even more awesome goal to achieve.  What  better way to commemorate it than with an Mdot tattoo.  I have seen red Mdot's on folks who have completed 1/2 IM's, but I think I will wait for the full...

-Anthony

• Arch@Active Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 5, 2007
    2. Sep 13, 2007 9:41 AM (in response to Mijohe)

Good question to raise. I have one. I got it days after my first Ironman Re: IronMan Tattoo.., a few years ago. I doubt I ever get another. One is enough, as it permanently symbolizes an accomplishment of epic proportions. And it continues to give, months, years after the initial inking. It's easy to forget the time, sacrifice, discomfort and pride of preparing yourself for an Ironman, especially after your 4th one. This is unfortunate because anyone that has completed a Ironman knows that upon completion, you can pretty much "do anything". That can tend to fade with time. The tattoo, that permanent reminder of time, sacrifice, discomfort and pride, is a card you can parlay the remainder of your life. It's a little piece of confidence inked into your skin.

• IMVoice Legend 13 posts since
    May 29, 2007
    3. Sep 13, 2007 9:41 AM (in response to Mijohe)

Maybe one day I'll even get one!

• GymSkinZ.com Rookie 6 posts since
    Sep 12, 2007
    5. Sep 13, 2007 10:08 AM (in response to Mijohe)

Just finished Ironman Canada for the second time a couple weeks ago up in Penticton (25th anniversary of IM Canada) which was fantastic. Met tons of great people from all over and I have to admit there was some tattoo comparing going on I've got two of them - the traditional M-Dot and another design on my arm. Having said that, perhaps this is an appropriate shirt for all of you that DO in fact already have a tattoo - cuz after all, it's not all about the tattoo

cheers all and hope you drop by http://www.gymskinz.com/ to check out more of my triathlon related designs.

Tav.

Attachments:
  • ltubound Community Moderator 93 posts since
    Aug 20, 2007
    6. Sep 13, 2007 1:10 PM (in response to GymSkinZ.com)

I think after I complete my first one I will get the tat also, I don't have any other ink on me yet, so that will be the first. Like was said before its all about the effort.

Also, that way when I get old and feeble I can always have something to remind me of my times in the sun. IF i can remember what it means! hahahahahaha

• MyUltraLife Amateur 20 posts since
    Sep 7, 2007
    8. Sep 18, 2007 7:56 PM (in response to Mijohe)

I completed my first full Ironman at Couer D'Alene, Idaho in June 2006 and got an MDot on my right calve a couple of months later.  I did it to symbolize my accomplishment but a year later it creates a bit of pressure.  Now I feel that if I advertise my accomplishment I need to continue to have a body that represents Ironman (which for me is tough).

Mabye the tattoo will forever keep me working out so I can be a good example of what Ironman represents, or maybe its a curse!  I can never stop working out!

Mike

www.myultralife.com

• GymSkinZ.com Rookie 6 posts since
    Sep 12, 2007
    9. Sep 24, 2007 9:37 AM (in response to Mijohe)

thanx Mijohe!  There's tons more at gymskinz.com!

• niemsco Legend 189 posts since
    Sep 24, 2007
    10. Sep 24, 2007 12:17 PM (in response to Mijohe)

I completed IM Wisconsin a few weeks ago, and I told myself and my wife I would be getting the M-Dot tattoo when I finished.  In fact I was so excited about finishing I got in line the next day to register for 2008 and I'm also doing IM Arizona 08, so I'm sort of nuts.  But the desire to get the tattoo faded for me after finishing.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I'll still do it, but I'd rather just keep doing more IMs while I still can!  Then maybe the M-Dot.  But sometimes I feel like running down the street with a big M-Dot cape

Scott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...