Skip navigation

1541 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 28, 2007 8:57 AM by E_B RSS
ehisaw@wwps.org Amateur 18 posts since
Sep 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 27, 2007 9:26 PM

Best Aero Bars to buy???

Ok,  I just got done riding a real road bike for the last two days and I feel like a complete horses arss :_| for riding a mtn bike now.  Although it wasn't a $3000 bike the Specialized Allez was so much better.  Was able to ride comfortably at 21 mph for an hour.  I'd have taken about 25 minutes off of my Olympic distance time with this bike.  I only averaged 15mph on my mtn bike over the 40k.  So 20ish mph would've put me so much faster!!  Oh well.  

Now is for my next question, I'm going to buy the bike soon, what is the best type, brand of aero bars to buy and why?  There are so many cheap ones and so many expensive ones.  I have been doing a lot of looking around and reading and people say aero bars can knock some more time off your ride because of the aerodynamics. 

I'd love some more help! 

Eric

• E_B Amateur 13 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 28, 2007 8:57 AM (in response to ehisaw@wwps.org)
    Re: Best Aero Bars to buy???

Profile Design makes some reasonably priced good quality clip on aerobars. To look at the diff. types of aerobars and prices, you can check out a vendor website such as: http://www.trisports.com/aerobars.html

Careful in placing aerobars on a road bike- the new position can close your hip angle and really decrease your power.  The geometry on a tri-specific bike is different, to keep the hip open and to maintain power by repositioning the rider's body on the bike.  You will probably want to visit your local bike shop and get them to change your seat positioning, etc. to get you in the most effective aero position on a road bike to minimize any decrease in power transfer.

Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points