Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5309 Views 25 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2006 8:06 PM by SoFarGone RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • aurang Legend 1,354 posts since
    Jun 26, 2003
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Apr 20, 2006 11:46 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)
    Re: our own 100 mile club

They don't hand out any trophies for the number of miles run. If running 100 miles in 10 weeks is taking things to the next level for someone, then that's what they should do. It would be unfortunate to wind up hurt chasing some arbitrary number of miles.

• iluvpoptarts Amateur 47 posts since
    Apr 9, 2006
    17. Apr 21, 2006 5:14 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

I'll do it.. i check here almost everyday, if im not camping. My school has a 100 mile club and its really fun, sometimes a couple of us(xc kids) meet up and just run 5 or 6 miles together. And for all of you who are worried about not being able to get 100 miles over da summer ITS A PIECE OF CAKE!

----

"Since your behind, hows mine?"  Mr. B says "Beth.. are you sure your related to your brother?, he was never as talented as you."

• Ubermicro Pro 73 posts since
    Mar 5, 2006
    18. Dec 24, 2007 8:42 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

quote:

Originally posted by AshXC34:

Oh, and ummmm...

"i been runnin for less than a year and im already captain and the fastest kid on my xc team
    its pretty sweet"

Yea that is totally not showing off at all. But before I get into a wicked cool online fight with a little kid, I'll say good luck with your 100 mile club and I'm out.

Please be more friendly...

And if you find some of them annoying then as the Beatles said: Let It Be...I'm certainly not condoning such actions though.

----

Self Belief is Fundemental...Never say "Never!" - INJURED 16-4-06

[http://This message has been edited by Ubermicro (edited Apr-22-2006).|http://This message has been edited by Ubermicro (edited Apr-22-2006).]

• beanpole Legend 245 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. Apr 21, 2006 7:42 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

alright im in!!!!  going for 150 !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!
    there is also something called race across the country (or w/e) and you get a map and mark how far you ran on it. but think in a straight line across the country.

good luck all!!!
    <33

• Grimmace093 Amateur 16 posts since
    Apr 21, 2006
    21. May 1, 2006 4:17 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

I'm in. Despite what some xc people said, 2 miles per day is quite a bit for some of us track girls. I was wanting something to motivate me until basketball season got here, and I guess this is just what I've been looking for. It's quite a jump for a 400-1600 meter person, though.

• pcxcrunner1040 Amateur 20 posts since
    Nov 1, 2005
    22. May 1, 2006 7:22 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

boooooooo.......1000 mile club

----

joey chamberlain

"what i want to be is to be number one" pre

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    24. May 3, 2006 10:48 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

Here what i think.  For some people 100miles is a lot.  For me and other people it isn't.  I think we should create a thread that allows people to set thier goals then we can all help them out and encorage them.  no matter what thier goals are.  so lets stop commenting on what is a long distance.  Hey if 100 miles is all you can do over the summer go for it.  Next summer you could do 150 then the next you could do 250.  But lets stop any catfight about what is along distance before it start. becuase that is where this is going.

• SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    25. May 4, 2006 8:06 PM (in response to Fitz Dragonn)

quote:

Originally posted by Crazy1:

Here what i think. For some people 100miles is a lot. For me and other people it isn't. I think we should create a thread that allows people to set thier goals then we can all help them out and encorage them. no matter what thier goals are. so lets stop commenting on what is a long distance. Hey if 100 miles is all you can do over the summer go for it. Next summer you could do 150 then the next you could do 250. But lets stop any catfight about what is along distance before it start. becuase that is where this is going.

Yes.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...