Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

20776 Views 79 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 2:03 PM by JRRunsSlow RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Previous Next
  • xcrunner832 Amateur 13 posts since
    May 30, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 1, 2006 4:16 PM (in response to jeff19)
    Re: Listen to Music While Running?

Yeah jeff19, it makes for interesting vaulting practice!

----

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice your gift." -Pre

85 days to first XC meet of the season!

• foxey Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 5, 2006
    16. Jun 5, 2006 4:09 PM (in response to jeff19)

Anyone listen to Nine Inch Nails? Perfect running music. Although I find Guns 'n' Roses makes me pick up pace.
    I have only just discovered running to music and it's helping me since i have only just started after a two year lapse from serious training.
    I don't have any sports headphones so i just make a loop around my ear, that keeps them in place.
    The so called purists that condone running to music have forgotten that it's supposed to be an enjoyable experience, I like to run yeah but when combined with music I feel totally free and alive.
    And there is nothing like singing out loud to a song when you are pushing yourself up a steep hill, it just gives me that extra little push.

----

Bid me run and I will strive for things imposible...Foxey lady, you know I'm a cute little little heart breaker.

• Eccentric Rookie 18 posts since
    Jun 5, 2006
    17. Jun 5, 2006 4:28 PM (in response to jeff19)

I've never listened to music while running. I imagine it would really motivate me and keep me distracted from staring at my watch. Anyways, I have the problem that a few people have. I cant get the headphones to stay in. I guess i'll be going to RadioShack this weekend and seeing what they have available. Great topic, btw.

• SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Jun 6, 2006 7:23 AM (in response to jeff19)

Jeff, you sound like you enjoy rock (nice!) and if you want some longer songs to listen to while running check out Avenged Sevenfold's new cd. I don't know if you're into them or not but...the music is usually really high energy and the songs range anywhere from 5-9 minutes long.

----

Dammit I gave in and made a profile.[/URL" target="_blank">

• foxey Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 5, 2006
    21. Jun 6, 2006 9:33 AM (in response to jeff19)

Or course I listen to Metallica, got to admit though, don't know much of their music, any suggestions. I'm going to a rock festival this weekend (leaving tomorrow) and they are going to be there. I heard the mosh pits get pretty brutal there so I have been warned to stay away. I've never been to a gig before and here I am going to Britains biggest rock festival lol. Plus that Avenge sevenfold are going to be there.Five days without running, how will I cope? Although I heard that being ina moshpit will give me plenty of exercise. Wish me luck -_-
    Try Korn - freak on a leash the nine inch nails remix, currently set to my ring tone too. An amazing song.

----

Bid me run and I will strive for things imposible...Foxey lady, you know I'm a cute little heart breaker.

Dec 14, 2007
    23. Jun 6, 2006 11:08 AM (in response to jeff19)

quote:

Originally posted by foxey:

Five days without running, how will I cope?

Haha. Well considering you get to see Metallica and A7X I don't think it'll be too hard to cope.  That's awesome that you're going to that show.

Oh here's another song I like for running...Marilyn Manson's "This Is The New Sh-t". Normally I'm not too crazy about him but especially the chorus I like when I run.

Also Disturbed is sweet running music. And I probably already mentioned them but Linkin Park as well. I also love Eminem's "Till I Collapse". That's one of my essential race day songs lol.

----

• muhscc05 Amateur 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    24. Jun 6, 2006 11:14 AM (in response to jeff19)

quote:

Originally posted by Freebird89:

Music is for joggers

yeah it is

Dec 14, 2007
    25. Jun 6, 2006 11:20 AM (in response to jeff19)

quote:

Originally posted by jeff19:

I used to be more into punk, but aside from a lot of my favorite bands going emo/gothic (can anyone say Greenday?)

Woah woah what's this?! Argh nothing against you but I just hate it when people label bands like that or say they "sold out". Green Day has never been "emo" and never will be. Yeah okay so their sound has changed somewhat since the days of Dookie, Kerplunk, etc and Billie Joe decided that eyeliner was a sweet look...BUT...it's still an awesome band.

It's just that they've been overtaken by a bunch of young teens that normally listen to pop, etc who hear 4 songs off of American Idiot and automatically think they're GD's biggest fan and go around saying "OMGZZZ BILLIE JOE IS LYK SO HOTT!!!". Sorry I know I'm really stereotyping on that one but that's how it seems. Wow this is getting really long lol, but hey they're my favorite band I had to defend them.

----

• Currently Being Moderated
    26. Jun 7, 2006 12:38 AM (in response to jeff19)

Anyone listen to more drum beat music?
    The Flashbulb anybody?
    Maybe I'm turning into a DDR techno kid when I run.

• KeyLimePie Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 7, 2006
    27. Jun 7, 2006 10:03 AM (in response to jeff19)

Music is for people who don't want to be bored out of their minds while they're running.  If I'm running at an easy pace - like 60% or so, singing Disney songs works pretty well (lol, it seems immature, but it's actually very fun).  Also, ABBA music usually has a good beat for running.

I would also recommend Texas - Inner Smile from Bend it Like Beckham.  It's inspirational!  

• KeyLimePie Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 7, 2006
    28. Jun 7, 2006 10:08 AM (in response to jeff19)

I have to agree with SoFarGone about the whole Green Day thing - the die-hard fans are the ones who know of songs other than on American Idiot.  I am one of those who likes a few on that album, but I don't consider myself a Green Day maniac  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday are great!  But, speaking of something that the name Billy Joe is similar to, Billy Joel is completely amazing!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...