Skip navigation

3044 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2007 6:55 PM by jinja RSS
jinja Expert 42 posts since
Jul 22, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 6, 2007 2:40 PM

swim to bike transition

I have never used a wetsuit before and am looking for advice on transitioning from the swim to bike with a wetsuit.  I have a sleeveless wetsuit that is easy to get in and out of when it is dry.  At what point do I take it off after the swim that will make for the easiest and most efficient removal?  I have some suit juice, but don't know much about that either. (It came with the wetsuit) Also, practicing taking it off wet is no longer an option as my triathlon is tomorrow.  I'm considering just going without. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

• niemsco Legend 189 posts since
    Sep 24, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 6, 2007 6:09 PM (in response to jinja)
    Re: swim to bike transition

Typically when you get out of the water and as you start walking out, you undo the latch on the back, pull the zip cord and just pull the top down to your waist as you run or walk to your transition area.  Then at your transition area you could take off the bottom, and if you use body glide (I don't know what suit juice is) or some other lubricant on your shins and ankles it should come off fairly easily.   Since you don't have to worry about arms it should be even easier.  

But there is really no one way to do this.  I've seen people get out of their suit entirely when they get out of the water then carry it to the bike, that is probably the easiest thing to do if you are not comfortable with undoing the back while walking or running.   Others leave the entire thing on until they get to the bike then take it off.  You might just want to see what other people are doing as well and go with what you are comfortable with.  Unless you are so fast you are the first one out of the water

The transition is really not that difficult, just go for it.  Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...