Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5025 Views 68 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2008 8:01 AM by mrf040 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Aug 11, 2006 12:26 AM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    4:12

  • hihey2233489990 Rookie 7 posts since
    Aug 3, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Aug 11, 2006 8:06 AM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    sorry i ment to say 5:30-5:45ish i was in a rush and diddn't have time to duble check what i rote.

  • chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    17. Aug 11, 2006 10:34 AM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    SoFarGone, aren't you a girl?

  • Paul Marke Amateur 24 posts since
    Aug 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    18. Aug 11, 2006 12:38 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    lol SoFarGone thats a bloody fast time if its true, close to professional level bloody hell.

    yeah my 1 mile PB is 4.53, i'm a 15 year old guy. is that any good?

  • chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    19. Aug 11, 2006 2:02 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    You run a 4:53 and you honestly dont know if its good or not?

  • Zgenator Pro 68 posts since
    Aug 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    20. Aug 11, 2006 2:56 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    I can probably do it in 6 minutes something. I'm 13 years old and going to be a freshman.

  • alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    21. Aug 11, 2006 10:41 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by Paul Marke:

    lol SoFarGone thats a bloody fast time if its true, close to professional level bloody hell.

    yeah my 1 mile PB is 4.53, i'm a 15 year old guy. is that any good?


     



    That's okay, you'll probably want to drop another minute to get into that "good mile" time range.

    ----



    Alex[/URL" target="_blank">

  • Paul Marke Amateur 24 posts since
    Aug 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    22. Aug 12, 2006 2:01 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    you got any cool advice on how to get on my way to dropping another minute off my mile?

  • chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    23. Aug 12, 2006 2:05 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by Paul Marke:

    you got any cool advice on how to get on my way to dropping another minute off my mile?


     



    Train with El Guerrouj

  • Paul Marke Amateur 24 posts since
    Aug 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    24. Aug 12, 2006 3:34 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    lol what that olympic champion? sure ok, you got his number?

  • SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    25. Aug 12, 2006 6:29 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by chumsae:

    SoFarGone, aren't you a girl?


     



    lol yes I am. What can I say I've been improving quite dramatically over the past few months. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!

    To tell ya the truth I was just getting very annoyed with all of the threads asking what your mile/2 mile/5k etc time is. Don't compare yourself with random people on the internet, compare yourself with the people on your team and in your area dammit! Those are the ones you're racing against. Besides, with everyone running completely different courses in completely different weather with completely diff - well you get the picture - it's virtually impossible to compare times accuratly.

    The majority of people who start these threads are looking for attention and lying to begin with anyways.

  • Paul Marke Amateur 24 posts since
    Aug 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    26. Aug 12, 2006 6:45 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    whats your secret SoFarGone???  how the hell did u get a 4.12?? what did you do for training???  I MUST KNOW!! lol

  • chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    27. Aug 12, 2006 8:24 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by SoFarGone:

    lol yes I am. What can I say I've been improving quite dramatically over the past few months. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!

    To tell ya the truth I was just getting very annoyed with all of the threads asking what your mile/2 mile/5k etc time is. Don't compare yourself with random people on the internet, compare yourself with the people on your team and in your area dammit! Those are the ones you're racing against. Besides, with everyone running completely different courses in completely different weather with completely diff - well you get the picture - it's virtually impossible to compare times accuratly.

    The majority of people who start these threads are looking for attention and lying to begin with anyways.


     



    Very,very,very true, i just get wicked pissed when i see people lie about their times so i argue about it for a while, and then random people like twigger step in to defend some girl who has no idea what shes even talking about.

    And paul, every reply to you was sarcastic, as well as SoFarGone's claim of a 4:12, which happens to be the womans world record mile time.  I'm just telling you this because im not so sure you realized.

  • Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    28. Aug 12, 2006 8:30 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by Paul Marke:

    whats your secret SoFarGone??? how the hell did u get a 4.12?? what did you do for training??? I MUST KNOW!! lol


     



    This is what i do.  On monday wensdays and fridays.  I inject 20.ml of EPO. follow by 100ml HGH.  tuesday and wensdays its completely natual synthetic testosterone.  Before a race i take 20mg of cortazone  to dull the painand inject a liter of red blood cells(from someone else of course) .to dull the pain.  saterday and sunday I try to keep it clean building of power...With anabolic steriod.

  • alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    29. Aug 12, 2006 11:36 PM (in response to ian614)
    Re: Mile times?

    quote:


    Originally posted by Crazy1:

    This is what i do. On monday wensdays and fridays. I inject 20.ml of EPO. follow by 100ml HGH. tuesday and wensdays its completely natual synthetic testosterone. Before a race i take 20mg of cortazone to dull the painand inject a liter of red blood cells(from someone else of course) .to dull the pain. saterday and sunday I try to keep it clean building of power...With anabolic steriod.


     



    Sounds like the Gabriella Szabo workout regime.

    ----



    Alex[/URL" target="_blank">

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...