Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2067 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2007 7:29 PM by newenglandfan08 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
Aug 21, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 5, 2007 11:27 PM

Bacne

Does anyone get Bacne (back acne) because I am gettin some and I want to get rid of it.  Any help is appreciated.

• alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jun 6, 2007 2:42 AM (in response to CippyCup)
    Re: Bacne

stop taking steroids.

• newatcrosscountry Pro 136 posts since
    Sep 18, 2006
    3. Jun 6, 2007 4:36 PM (in response to CippyCup)

dry your back once your out of the shower
    like, all the way

my brother has it haha

• ToddDubya Amateur 206 posts since
    Jan 26, 2006
    4. Jun 6, 2007 4:38 PM (in response to CippyCup)

My heart rate monitor strap can give me some problems.  I think that's more with ingrown hairs than real bacne, but it's still a nuisance.

The #1 solution I've found it to shower (use a washcloth) as soon after running as possible. Once a week I run with a group and we go out to dinner afterwards, and the next day I'll have a few new ones show up on my back and sometimes legs. There's no opportunity to go home and shower in between, so I just deal with it.

Since this is the waycool area I'm going to guess that you're in high school, and unfortunately you might just have to suffer it out for a few years. In the meantime all I can say is to not sit around in your sweaty running gear and at least rinse yourself off after running. You sweat out a lot of crud, you don't want it sitting on your skin.

Hope this helps.

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    6. Jun 6, 2007 9:03 PM (in response to CippyCup)

quote:

Originally posted by alexanderthegr8:

stop taking steroids.

Start taking steriods.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

Jan 29, 2006
    7. Jun 6, 2007 9:04 PM (in response to CippyCup)

quote:

Originally posted by alexanderthegr8:

stop taking steroids.

Start taking steriods.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

• theworkinprogressgirl Pro 164 posts since
    Feb 19, 2007
    8. Jun 7, 2007 5:00 PM (in response to CippyCup)

I don't have to many problems with acne although i do somtimes get it on back. Lot's of fun. I asked my doctor about it and he gave me some REEEEAAAALLLY great stuff. It's called 'Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion'. As long as you use it every day, you'll have very little acne. I think it's an antibiotic. I saw a difference within two days!!!!!!!!!!!! It works really well. I know I sound like a pro-active commercial but it totally works. It elliminates any facial acne too. Ask your doctor or your dermatologist.

• jeff19 Pro 210 posts since
    May 9, 2006
    9. Jun 11, 2007 2:29 AM (in response to CippyCup)

I always ran shirtless in the summer, and if I had backne, a sunburn WILL inevitably, (For me) without fail, zap every single zit you have, if it peels even a little. That's kind of asking for skin cancer though, so maybe just go till your red. It worked for me PERFECTLY. And they do actually use ultraviolet for acne-my sister had it once.

Just don't get too carried away on the burning like me. And other than that staying clean.

• z24 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 11, 2007
    10. Jun 12, 2007 1:12 PM (in response to CippyCup)

there's a stupid kid in my class who has it.  i know, that doesn't help but it let's you know that you're not the only one who has it

Jan 29, 2006
    12. Jun 12, 2007 8:49 PM (in response to CippyCup)

quote:

Originally posted by CippyCup:

I don't like you much Z. Watch your back.

I agree. I thought I was annoying and random.

----

Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

• theworkinprogressgirl Pro 164 posts since
    Feb 19, 2007
    13. Jun 13, 2007 8:28 PM (in response to CippyCup)

hey z24 guess what? There was a stupid kid in my class who's name starts with Z. Just thought that might be the kind of information you might be interested in  . Oh well, at least you tried to be helpful.

• SingItRight Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 19, 2007
    14. Jun 19, 2007 9:40 AM (in response to CippyCup)

Slather on a paste made with body lotion, toothpaste and baking soda for the night for a few months. Worked for me.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...