Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5032 Views 45 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2008 9:26 AM by dg12 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • newenglandfan08 Legend 462 posts since
    Apr 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jun 9, 2007 8:02 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)
    Re: My Life and Death running story~

I want him to admit it, i want him to admit everything that you said because he has avioded the question ever single time by going right to the childest act.

• kirby111 Legend 402 posts since
    Sep 22, 2007
    31. Dec 25, 2007 2:38 AM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

I poked into this thread to see why it got 30 replies real quick.

This is one of the more heated debates ive seen.

Im going with crazy and newengalndfan on this one.

Medicine was responible for your recovery 90%, 8% was luck, and 2% was something special and unexplained. Tyhat something is as simple as attitude or belief but not necessarily a person (or thingy) sitting on a cloud somewhere in the stratosphere. I dont believe in God a whole lot, or at all (beyond South Park of course). I think Jesus was a person who had a mental disability or hallucinations, seriously. We make our own fate. Im a decent runner becasue I work hard not because I pray every night and wish to be good (trust me I dont, though i may try  ).There is no way to tell if there is a God or a divine being but I for one will not sit around waiting to die so I can meet him and do whatever dead people would do. Im not going to let something dictate my life that I have no control over, so I disregard all religious belief and shrug it off with a, "Believe what you want, Im good where I am."

[http://This message has been edited by kirby111 (edited Jun-09-2007).|http://This message has been edited by kirby111 (edited Jun-09-2007).]

• yourshadow411 Amateur 39 posts since
    May 21, 2007
    32. Jun 10, 2007 10:26 AM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

I believe in god and everything but come on,,, I don't come to this forum to read stuff about God, I come here to talk about running I'm pretty sure people would be more happy if everyone would leave this forum and never talk about God again on this site

Apr 23, 2006
    33. Jun 10, 2007 6:25 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

not until i get my answers

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    34. Jun 10, 2007 7:33 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

This site is about anything running.  God could be a runner.  It is like a giant group run here. 

No offence ment but you just barely joined. It's not your's to tell people what they can do or should do. We don't take very kindly to people who have just joined telling us what will make us happy.

That said.

Welcome.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

• CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
    Aug 21, 2006
    35. Jun 10, 2007 11:02 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by yourshadow411:

I believe in god and everything but come on,,, I don't come to this forum to read stuff about God, I come here to talk about running I'm pretty sure people would be more happy if everyone would leave this forum and never talk about God again on this site

Them's fightin' words.

• z24 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 11, 2007
    36. Jun 12, 2007 12:06 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

Crazy1, leave your opinions about my God to yourself. Ever heard of Jesus Christ? There's some freakin' prove for you.
         Soulrunnin66, good luck and God bless.

• bruncle Legend 725 posts since
    Sep 26, 2005
    37. Jun 12, 2007 6:30 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by newenglandfan08:

im not fighting over the fact that there is a god or not, i could care less about that

i just want him to own up to the fact that if he believe an alimight one saved him, than it is also the case that the almighty one also caused it.

Don't be such an inflammatory twit. You're attacking someone's core beliefs here (in a stupid and meaningless way). How would you like it if he started telling you that you were going to go to hell for your sins?

Jan 29, 2006
    38. Jun 12, 2007 8:45 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by z24:

Crazy1, leave your opinions about my God to yourself. Ever heard of Jesus Christ? There's some freakin' prove for you.
    Soulrunnin66, good luck and God bless.

speaking of leaving options to your self.

Yeah ever heard about the yeti, abominal snowmen. there is your proof.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

• FalconFan073 Amateur 36 posts since
    Jul 25, 2006
    39. Jun 13, 2007 6:20 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by Crazy1:

Cippy. Prove the existence of your god. Not with stories but with facts.

It comforting isn't it? Knowing that someone else decides for you. If you be rich or poor, healthy or not, it must be nice.

So cippy. Your god is suppose to be benevolent. So why does he make people suffer. To test them. Do you really want to believe in a God that cause this much pain to someone just to see if they will continue to like him?

Ever heard about the big bang, evolution, darwinism.

I will say this and this is the last thing I will say about beliefs on how everything was made.
    First of all Crazy. You want Cippy to prove the existence of his God. The whole point is faith. Some people experience life changing moments and realize there is a God. Others go through life just having simple will determined faith that there is an All Power.
    You act like big bang, evolution, and darwinism has been proven? Your telling me that without a creator. Something was made from nothing. Let me say this again: SOMETHING from Nothing. Dont say anything like well molecules or some chemicals combined to form something da da da da da...How did those chemicals and first elements get there?
    All of these are theories that one chooses to believe.  Evolution could have occured, but maybe that is how God planned it since he would know that people would later on try and rationalize how there is not a Creator. If you even come back and say well "God made the Earth in 6 days, it says so in the Bible. There is evidence that proves against this."  I will say yes there is. But do you really think people back in the day would of understood if God told them, " I created this specific golden trout speices at this time 10 centuries and 5 decades ago." NO! (I still would not understand  ) I mean common everyone should know that opinions/beliefs are like butt holes, everyone has one. Please dont argue and especially try to shoot someone down who just survived a life threatening attack on his body.  Especially on a message board! Thats lame.

Sorry I didnt space this out better and I know I have lots of mistakes. In a hurry.

Apr 23, 2006
    40. Jun 13, 2007 8:32 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

Falcano your post is pure bias, rewrite it from a non bias containg both sides view and then ill consider it,

Jan 29, 2006
    41. Jun 13, 2007 10:04 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

There can't be something from nothing.  "matter can't be created or destroyed"

Things were always there.

I don't have a problem with faith it is just when it claims something that is not true that it pisses me off.

• FalconFan073 Amateur 36 posts since
    Jul 25, 2006
    42. Jun 13, 2007 11:30 PM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by newenglandfan08:

Falcano your post is pure bias, rewrite it from a non bias containg both sides view and then ill consider it,

How is it bias? You need to show me. And secondly everything someone does/says is bias. You arguing your belief over others is bias.

• CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
    Aug 21, 2006
    43. Jun 14, 2007 11:00 AM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

quote:

Originally posted by CippyCup:

Ok. I understand your way so read the story again. Go on and do it. But this time, ignore the parts about god. Try it this way. How ever you look at this, it is going to be amazing. As humans, we are pretty much alien on this planet. Truely think about this. We may have evolved, but we have been our own downfall. That is why these things happen. Germs of some sort had gotten into Tim's body and disrupted his state of being (his health). The other way to see it is God was testing him to see if he was a true believer. In this test he passed. So, either way you look at it, it all equates to the same thing. A bad thing happened for one reason or another. Bad things happen, its life. He got better, in the eyes of some it was a miracle or in the eyes others it was pure modern medicine. Why dwell on how it happened or how he thinks or believes he overcame it. That is his beliefs, we all have them. So why is this a debate. A great man once said "Talk not about politics or religion. For these will cause great debate."

BTW Crazy, I don't have to prove that he exists. I have faith in him, so I believe he is there. He doesn't chose how people live there lives, people do. He doesn't created new people, we do. He has no control over people. We have free will. And yes, I do want to believe in someone who does that. Because I do and its my faith. Might not be yours, I don't care. Even if those theories are correct, the universe is much to vast to be explained through science. They don't explain how everything was made. Because if it all formed by one big bang, then how did those things form that caused the big bang? There is no answer. You can't prove it, as neither I can prove the existence of my god.

This would be considered non-biased.  Use examples from both sides.  Not just one side.  You did explain so of his side, but not as if you are agreeing with his side.  Thats what you need to do.  Write your posts as you are arguing crazy's opinion is right.  Then write you own opinion.

• ctybob57 Rookie 28 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    44. Jun 14, 2007 11:39 AM (in response to Soulrunnin66)

Thanks for sharing your story, I am so glad for you and especially your parents, that you are alive and well. I say that because my son died in my arms, he had fallen and had suffered  severe brain trauma. Thats why I started running, I had done some but not to the extent of what I do now. It somehow brings me closer to him. He liked to run, he ran in high school thats the only sport he felt he could fit into, he was good at it too. Long legs and determination. I don't want to get sappy, but when I run it's the one time that I feel free of my grief.  I can imagine what your parents went through, this was the second time I had sat with my sons. The first one was hit by a car and also suffered a head injury, he is a miracle. Who knows why he was saved and my other son wasn't. I ask myself that everyday. I am just happy for your recovery and hope that you will continue to run in good health. There are worse things in life than phyical pain. Good luck to you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...