Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

986 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2007 11:48 PM by jeff19
jeff19 Pro 210 posts since
May 9, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 11, 2007 4:49 PM

Running Wet

So I committed a minor felony the other day-the irrigation ditch next to my running route was a bit low (maybe 6" deep) and had a clear, sandy bottom. So I had to run in it-and it was awesome. It was about 5 foot deep, and the thick grass rose high enough on either side I couldn't see out, and it wandered back and forth. Anyone else do that?

I also don't mind getting my shoes wet and heavy unless I'm really tired-that really bothers some of my buddies. It actually helped my 100 yard dash time once-because I had to fling my super heavy feet way out there, and it compensated for my once shorter steps.

• bruncle Legend 725 posts since
    Sep 26, 2005
    2. Jun 12, 2007 6:41 PM (in response to jeff19)
    Re: Running Wet

Hehehe. Is that actually a minor felony:O?

• beanpole Legend 245 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Jun 14, 2007 5:20 PM (in response to jeff19)

running in the rain is an amazing experience

• the kenyan Legend 1,152 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    4. Dec 25, 2007 2:39 AM (in response to jeff19)

thats not that bad, i used to run on a set of active train tracks on a regular basis.  There were no tresspassing signs all over the place, but dammit, it was a lot more scenic than the road route.  Only had 1 or 2 train encounters, but their maximum cruising speed was only a little faster than mine. 

whatever it takes to break up the monotany

[http://This message has been edited by the kenyan (edited Jun-14-2007).|http://This message has been edited by the kenyan (edited Jun-14-2007).]

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...