Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

910 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2007 8:50 PM by newenglandfan08 RSS
jeff19 Pro 210 posts since
May 9, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 20, 2007 1:05 PM

Stickers!!!

I hate running on pavement, so I almost always (95% of the time) run on dirt. Most of the time, this results in stickers, and with these running shoes designed to breathe well, the stickers go right through. And they stick in my socks. The pointy grass seeds, and cocklburrs are the worst! Anyone else have this problem? any ideas? If nothing else, there is surely a less painful way to get the cockleburrs out than by funger-because then I ***** them too. It got so bad on my last run, my shins were even bleeding from stickerification. They don't come out in the wash, either. I'm considering running in army boots-marines do, why not me? (because i want to go faster...but I hate stickers. meh.)

• SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Aug 20, 2007 2:47 PM (in response to jeff19)
    Re: Stickers!!!

Duct-tape your shoes?

Hey, it's lame and might not work too well, but I think if I had to choose between putting duct-tape all over my shoes or running in clunky army boots, I'd take the tape. Although I don't know how to protect your shins, short of running in long pants which would suck considering it's still August.

• newenglandfan08 Legend 462 posts since
    Apr 23, 2006
    2. Aug 20, 2007 8:50 PM (in response to jeff19)
    Re: Stickers!!!

yea buy a new pair of shoes, your running on a shoe (my guesse air nikes) get a pair of trail shows and a more durbale training shoes that will be more protective to your feet

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...