Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2204 Views 43 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2007 5:20 AM by sam1500 RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
buka harris Pro 108 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 25, 2007 3:28 AM

least favorite thing about being fast

The only thing I hate about being the fastest guy on my team is that I have a lot of wait on my shoulders.  I am sick but still must run a race tomarrow because my team needs me.  But I must say It is all worth it.

----

those who trust in the Lord will run and not grow weary.

[http://This message has been edited by buka harris (edited Sep-11-2007).|http://This message has been edited by buka harris (edited Sep-11-2007).]

• CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
    Aug 21, 2006
    1. Sep 11, 2007 7:35 PM (in response to buka harris)
    Re: least favorite thing about being fast

I love everything about being the star.  Its amazing.  I can see though were other people wouldn't like the attention at certain times.  Remember, most people are fair weather type of people.  They only like you as long as your perfect.  Look at quarterbacks the world over, if they mess up one time the world crashes down on them. But once they do something extraordinarily well, they razz them on once more.  A vicious circle.

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    2. Sep 12, 2007 5:50 PM (in response to buka harris)

Don't worry I am sure that it is just part of gods plan. 

If He want you to be happy you wouldn't have made you sick.

Oh, I forgot he is just testing your faith.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

• runxc09 Legend 354 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Sep 12, 2007 8:01 PM (in response to buka harris)

..Not funny, Crazy1....

I'm not really very fast on my team, but just being in top 7 makes me nervous. I feel like the team is counting on me and a bad race affects everyone.

But it is so much fun to PR!!

• kirby111 Legend 402 posts since
    Sep 22, 2007
    4. Sep 12, 2007 10:27 PM (in response to buka harris)

There is a lot of pressure. At practice I blow the rest of the team out but at meets, especially championships and invites I dont win and I think that a lot of the team thinks that I should/will.

• bruncle Legend 725 posts since
    Sep 26, 2005
    5. Sep 13, 2007 8:17 AM (in response to buka harris)

That's why I don't like teams. If I screw something up, I'm pissed off at myself enough without having other people give me a hard time. And I don't like my success being dependent on other people getting it right.

• alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Sep 13, 2007 9:02 AM (in response to buka harris)

quote:

Originally posted by Crazy1:

Don't worry I am sure that it is just part of gods plan.

If He want you to be happy you wouldn't have made you sick.

Oh, I forgot he is just testing your faith.

Ok, I for one thought that was WAY out of line.
    A little self-moderation would be nice but you don't make fun of someone's religion like that. And this is coming from someone who is certainly not P.C. himself.

• linganorexc111 Pro 154 posts since
    Jul 24, 2007
    7. Sep 13, 2007 11:08 AM (in response to buka harris)

I'm top 4 at my school with another sophomore and two seniors but i still get so nervous before meets even though i usually get top 10, BUT the point is being fast makes me nervous i wish i was still on jv and slow like last year

• sam1500 Amateur 57 posts since
    Jul 19, 2006
    8. Sep 13, 2007 1:54 PM (in response to buka harris)

quote:

Originally posted by CippyCup:

Look at quarterbacks the world over

??

quote:

Originally posted by runxc09:

Not funny

How is that not funny? God is all loving, yet people get sick, kill each other, starve to death and generally suffer all the time? Either he wants suffering, he can't stop it or he isn't the immanent god proclaimed by the bible. If your faith is so strong, how does a little questioning harm you?

Back on topic:
    I would much rather be one of several good runners than the best on my (not particularly good) team, not because of too much pressure but because there is none to be any better.

• biketm Pro 434 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    9. Dec 25, 2007 3:28 AM (in response to buka harris)

quote:

Originally posted by sam1500:
    * bq. Originally posted by CippyCup:

Look at quarterbacks the world over

??

quote:

Originally posted by runxc09:

Not funny

How is that not funny? God is all loving, yet people get sick, kill each other, starve to death and generally suffer all the time? Either he wants suffering, he can't stop it or he isn't the immanent god proclaimed by the bible. If your faith is so strong, how does a little questioning harm you?

Back on topic:
    I would much rather be one of several good runners than the best on my (not particularly good) team, not because of too much pressure but because there is none to be any better.

[/B]

God lets us destroy "ourselves" because He lets us have our own freewill, and He is not a dictator. Then He is there to pick up the pieces if we ask him into our hearts, and ask for help.

Tim

Tim

[http://This message has been edited by biketm (edited Sep-13-2007).|http://This message has been edited by biketm (edited Sep-13-2007).]

Jan 29, 2006
    10. Dec 25, 2007 3:28 AM (in response to buka harris)

quote:

Originally posted by biketm:

God lets us destroy "ourselves" because He lets us have our own freewill, and He is not a dictator. Then He is there to pick up the pieces if we ask him into our hearts, and ask for help.

Tim

Tim

[http://This message has been edited by biketm (edited Sep-13-2007).|http://This message has been edited by biketm (edited Sep-13-2007).]

There are little boys all over the world wishing for jet packs. Not going to happen. There are priest all over the world wishing for lit...nevermind that one actually work.

I like how you don't respond with an answer to what we are disscussing. It wasn't about if god could command people.

Either god has no power so he can't stop bad or he doesn't care.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

• alexanderthegr8042 Legend 1,228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Sep 13, 2007 7:22 PM (in response to buka harris)

Crazy1 your ignorance when it comes to Christianity is actually kind of starting to piss me off. I don't know if you're just trying to be a douche or you actually believe what you say.

• bigboy058 Expert 60 posts since
    Jan 31, 2007
    12. Sep 13, 2007 8:31 PM (in response to buka harris)

Christianity sets itself up as a target, as does every other religion.

• fcportofan Amateur 48 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    13. Sep 13, 2007 8:38 PM (in response to buka harris)

i feel really bad for you...let's learn to be a little more humble, and be thankful...i'm sure anyone else on your team would gladly trade places with you

Jan 29, 2006
    14. Sep 13, 2007 9:27 PM (in response to buka harris)

It is not that I mind people believing in god.  I don't mind people looking for answers.  I wouldn't mind if people would just admit that they need the comfort of a god. 

But then they refuse to accept other answers, and they try and force their wrong answers on other people. (evolution)

The bible is just a bunch of stories. Yeah they probably are based in truth but that doesn't mean they are true.

Do you believe that "god" can do anything. That he is omnipotent.

----

Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...