Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

7543 Views 71 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2007 7:37 PM by Guest Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • scrapps1 Amateur 23 posts since
    Nov 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Nov 8, 2007 10:14 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)
    Re: Football >>>> losers

haha i love how you guys talk about "having fun" and doing bad things like "drinking beer" and "smoking" because youre an unatheltic football player...im good friends with many of our football teams players and i spent my off season doing these "bad things" with them and i had some good times ill and never forget and then the best season of my career to follow that up with. and not to mention i didnt train until 2 weeks before the season. which brings me to what i hate about runners. you're all so sold on trainning year round and piling these miles on your legs, sleeping good, eating good, following some excellent training plan and basically living in a bubble. this causes you all to get caught up in what you ate/drank or how much you slept that you dont realize your own talent and that running is just that; running..anyone can do it.

sorry for any typos its been a pretty long night..

• CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
    Aug 21, 2006
    31. Nov 8, 2007 10:18 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

BÏTCH SHUT THE FÜCK UP.  GET THE FÜCK OUTTA HERE

• YoungRunner07 Expert 64 posts since
    Dec 11, 2006
    33. Nov 9, 2007 3:07 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

scrapps if you hate runners and your not a runner why are you on coolrunning?  something doesnt make sense to me....

Nov 5, 2006
    34. Dec 25, 2007 4:09 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

did i ever say i hated runners? no.. did i say i hate all this stupid sports rivalry crap..yes. for you to say the dedication of football is nothing compared to the dedication runners show is ridiculous and clearly biased..i dont care what sports you want to compare, saying one is more "dedicated" than the other is low. and as far as me not being a runner goes, i dont know where you got that from, ive been running since 7th grade???

you can say im not dedicated or whatever you want but the only reason i have these point of view is from my own experiences. if you wanna read this go ahead maybe youd understand where im coming from. when i was a soph in xc i pinched my IT band and caused me to not have a season that i wanted to. so naturally like must of us do, i wanted to come back with a huge track season so i loaded up on miles started in december and when the season came, i was dead. so once again i shook it off and started loading up on miles as a jr in xc. i had a better season but still not up to par. so my jr year of track i decided to say screw everyone else's training plan and do what my body told me to despite having everyone telling me "how slow id be this year" and what not. so two weeks before the season i started training and was our top runner and had my best season ever and repeated that again this year as a sr in xc.

im just saying that i look around and see my teammates all worked up over what they didnt do, and instead they should just have the confidence in themselves to step up and run. despite what you may like to think anyone with 2 legs and can move them can run. but, not all of us can throw a football 40 yards to a reciever in double coverage. sometimes in running you just gotta trust yourself and your natural talent, loosen up, and just race.

[http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-10-2007).]

• DAVEEEEDx7 Expert 40 posts since
    Sep 17, 2007
    35. Nov 17, 2007 3:33 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

well said cippy.

Aug 21, 2006
    36. Dec 25, 2007 4:09 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by scrapps1:

did i ever say i hated runners? no.. did i say i hate all this stupid sports rivalry crap..yes. for you to say the dedication of football is nothing compared to the dedication runners show is ridiculous and clearly biased..i dont care what sports you want to compare, saying one is more "dedicated" than the other is low. and as far as me not being a runner goes, i dont know where you got that from, ive been running since 7th grade???

you can say im not dedicated or whatever you want but the only reason i have these point of view is from my own experiences. if you wanna read this go ahead maybe youd understand where im coming from. when i was a soph in xc i pinched my IT band and caused me to not have a season that i wanted to. so naturally like must of us do, i wanted to come back with a huge track season so i loaded up on miles started in december and when the season came, i was dead. so once again i shook it off and started loading up on miles as a jr in xc. i had a better season but still not up to par. so my jr year of track i decided to say screw everyone else's training plan and do what my body told me to despite having everyone telling me "how slow id be this year" and what not. so two weeks before the season i started training and was our top runner and had my best season ever and repeated that again this year as a sr in xc.

im just saying that i look around and see my teammates all worked up over what they didnt do, and instead they should just have the confidence in themselves to step up and run. despite what you may like to think anyone with 2 legs and can move them can run. but, not all of us can throw a football 40 yards to a reciever in double coverage. sometimes in running you just gotta trust yourself and your natural talent, loosen up, and just race.

[http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-10-2007).]

Once again.
    BÏTCH SHUT THE FÜCK UP. GET THE FÜCK OUTTA HERE

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    38. Dec 25, 2007 4:09 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by scrapps1:

This whole being good with out training thing pretty much comes to a end when you actually start being competative. You just can't do the sh!t that you do and still be a good runner.

What is you best 5k time?

One of the thing that I contribute to me a being a internationally competative cyclist and a very good runner is the fact that I never do any drugs or drink or any sh!t like that(yeah my gfs and I have done somestuff but that is different). I also train year round. When is is snowing and 20 degrees out I am busting out 25 hour weeks.

Trust me. Those of you who work will pass those who don't.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

Jan 29, 2006
    39. Nov 17, 2007 9:25 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

Oh and smoking is just dirtbag.  No matter who does it. 

If you want to f u c k youself up that is a goodway to do it.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

Nov 5, 2006
    40. Nov 18, 2007 10:33 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

I dont smoke either crazy, couldnt stand the smell following me.
    I respect you guys who do train year around that takes some serious dedication but for me I just do what works best for me and you just do what works best for yourselves. To each his own I guess?

Aug 21, 2006
    41. Nov 18, 2007 2:40 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

We win.

• chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    42. Nov 18, 2007 4:19 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

This is a dumb thread with biased opinions and a made up story.

I'm sorry but whoever the kid who had the comeback- "Atleast we have the lung capacity to run 10 miles" deserves to get the crap kicked out of him by a football team, thats a TERRIBLE comeback.

I'm also willing to bet a bunch of football players could outsprint a distance runner, we arent known for being terribly fast in terms of sprinting, and they are.

Aug 21, 2006
    43. Nov 18, 2007 5:48 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

Depends on the runner.  But for the most part that is a true statement.

Jan 29, 2006
    44. Nov 18, 2007 8:27 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by chumsae:

I'm also willing to bet a bunch of football players could outsprint a distance runner, we arent known for being terribly fast in terms of sprinting, and they are.

But if we can stay away for 10 seconds then no problem. However they can't get away from us.

----

Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...