Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

7422 Views 71 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2007 7:37 PM by Guest Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • scrapps1 Amateur 23 posts since
    Nov 5, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Dec 25, 2007 4:09 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)
    Re: Football >>>> losers

why cant we all just get along?? lol. both sports are athletes trying to win games/matches/meets whatever it is..i can guarentee we havent put in the hours in the weight room that football players have and they havent put in the miles we have. just go out and support your school and fellow classmates. and if you do when we join the same track team in the spring the real dominating can start

and crazy, just for the record, even if we could (and most likely would) catch those football players; id be willing to bet 95% of the people here wouldnt be able to do anything to them once they did catch them lol..

[http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-18-2007).|http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-18-2007).]

• linganorexc111 Pro 154 posts since
    Jul 24, 2007
    46. Nov 18, 2007 9:02 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

I can agree with you that both sports work hard and all the sh!t n yeah i want them to win they are the heart of our school

but running you cant just train two weeks before the season and be good. It seems like a lot longer of hardwork that running has than football. 500 miles is more work then lifting alot

• chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    47. Nov 19, 2007 12:53 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

As a previous lifter, I can say that lifting can be very demanding as well, and someone can put in just as much effort in lifting as one can put into running.

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    48. Dec 25, 2007 4:09 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by scrapps1:

and crazy, just for the record, even if we could (and most likely would) catch those football players; id be willing to bet 95% of the people here wouldnt be able to do anything to them once they did catch them lol..

[http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-18-2007).|http://This message has been edited by scrapps1 (edited Nov-18-2007).]

I use long spikes.

I also carry a chainring around with me.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

Nov 5, 2006
    49. Nov 19, 2007 6:45 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by Crazy1:

I use long spikes.

I also carry a chainring around with me.

haha i could go all day if you keep giving me material this good

anyway a friend of mine is a very good football player at local D1 school and I have to agree with chumsae, just by knowing him that weight lifting is MUCH more demanding then people tend to think

Nov 5, 2006
    51. Nov 19, 2007 6:59 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

xc weight lifting is nothing compared to football lifting..

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    52. Nov 19, 2007 7:11 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

xc weight lifting is nothing compared to football lifting..

Football lifting is nothing compared too 15 miles.

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

Nov 5, 2006
    53. Nov 19, 2007 7:21 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

Originally posted by Crazy1:

Football lifting is nothing compared too 15 miles.

....you for real?

you're comparing weight lifting to running..of course its nothing alike..
    please use a little logic here we were comparing the weight lifting workouts of football vs xc runners..

• SoFarGone Legend 551 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    55. Nov 19, 2007 7:59 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

quote:

did i ever say i hated runners? no.. did i say i hate all this stupid sports rivalry crap..yes. for you to say the dedication of football is nothing compared to the dedication runners show is ridiculous and clearly biased..i dont care what sports you want to compare, saying one is more "dedicated" than the other is low.

• CippyCup Legend 448 posts since
    Aug 21, 2006
    56. Nov 19, 2007 10:49 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

I have done both of em.  I lift weights for track (not much just to keep my arms somewhat strong and for swim).   I am in there more than the football team.  15 miles will destroy most people, lifting weights doesn't.  I lift, I run, I am way cooler than any footballer at my school.

• kirby111 Legend 402 posts since
    Sep 22, 2007
    57. Nov 20, 2007 6:18 AM (in response to Bugmenot043)

okay

• bruncle Legend 725 posts since
    Sep 26, 2005
    58. Nov 20, 2007 5:33 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

Wow you really need to tone it down cippycup, that's quite unacceptable. If you disagree with what someone says, then debate them. Telling them to 'Fück off' just makes your viewpoint seem less reasonable.

• TeleTurner Pro 190 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    59. Nov 20, 2007 5:41 PM (in response to Bugmenot043)

haha i think it's funny how much some people on here hate the football players.  at my school all the football players are pretty cool and they also have to work really hard at practice.  which is more than i can say about a lot of our XC team.

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...