Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

10753 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2007 9:42 PM by yesican065 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • mayfield017 Rookie 75 posts since
    Oct 12, 2005
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. May 8, 2007 4:53 PM (in response to anneliz36)
    Re: happy pregnant runner! :)

Hi Anne, I hope you are doing well. I've always managed to find time to run by getting up really early in the morning. Luckily my husband is very supportive and he gets the kiddies up and makes breakfast every morning. He is a sweetheart. I found it pretty easy to ramp up my mileage, I'm fortunate in that I seem to be built for running...although I'm not very athletically inclined in any other sense. Whoa, I can't believe you're doing two runs a day....I really can only get myself out the door in the AM. Also, we're having a heatwave around here and it is in the nineties. Ugh. Well, I got a good 7 mile run in this morning and I actually felt pretty zippy for the first time in awhile. I hope this is the second tri energy burst!

happy running!

• mayfield017 Rookie 75 posts since
    Oct 12, 2005
    18. Jun 1, 2007 6:15 PM (in response to anneliz36)

Hi Anne, I'm glad to hear you are doing well! I'm feeling pretty good, but big and slow which goes with the territory. Next week we (hopefully) will find out the baby's gender which is exciting.

I can't believe you can get out to run twice a day! I have to do it first thing in the morning or else my motivation wanes. I'm still getting in 6 - 7 mile runs about 5 days a week.

There don't seem to be too many pregnant runners around here. I found a nice group of women on the Runner's World site, in the Women's forum....come join us! There are women in all stages of pregnancy who are running, walking, exercising etc. It's a nice group.

I hope you are well! How is your pregnancy going?

take care,

Steph

• yesican065 Rookie 24 posts since
    Apr 28, 2001
    19. Jun 2, 2007 8:04 AM (in response to anneliz36)

Hi Ladies -

Just wanted to offer my support. I ran through both my pregnancies and cought a lot of sh*& for it from my family, friends and even strangers. But I had two really healthy pregnancies and babies. My first I actually ran 4 miles just a few hours before I went into labor (2 weeks early). Both kids came two weeks early and were normal weight (7 10 and 7 4). I only gained 18 lbs with my first and 25 with my second, had no trouble losing weight, got back into running quickly with the second, had a hard time with the first because I was working outside the home and totally exhausted all the time.

Don't listen to naysayers, as long as you have uncomplicated pregnancies you can do as much as you feel comfortable doing. I always went by the 'talk test'. I'd let myself get a little out of breath but still able to talk. Now I take my children (3 yo and 11 month old) out with me with teh jogging stroller and they both enjoy it. I just need a double jogging stroller now - if only they didn't cost a fortune!

Anyway good luck to all the pregnant runners and cover your ears when anyone other than your doctor tells you not to run.  People are clueless!

• Tamara40 Rookie 219 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Jun 10, 2007 10:30 AM (in response to anneliz36)

I just love how complete strangers think they know what's best for you and find it necessary to inject their opinions.  Anyway, thanks you guys for this post b/c my husband and I are talking about having a child, first for me, 3rd for him, and I was scared to do it for fear of having to give up running.  Gives me a lot of encouragement and helps with my decision.  Keep posting about this.

• lernin2luvit Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 2, 2005
    22. Jun 24, 2007 10:45 AM (in response to anneliz36)

THANK YOU ladies.  I just found this post.  You all have made my day.  I am trying to get pregnant and am super excited.  But I was so disappointed about giving up my running.  Now, I feel so happy to know that there are women out there running while pregnant.  I love this post!  I will buy the book right now and discuss running with my doctor!  Thank you again!

• yesican065 Rookie 24 posts since
    Apr 28, 2001
    23. Jun 24, 2007 9:42 PM (in response to anneliz36)

Hey Anne -

I didn't wear my GPS watch during either pregnancy because it was too depressing!  Toward the end I didn't even wear a normal watch.  good luck and i hope you continue to feel good.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...