Skip navigation

8433 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2007 1:23 PM by TenaciousO 1 2 Previous Next
saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 17, 2007 11:22 AM

Will Kobe Bryant leave the Lakers?

There has been some speculation about whether or not Kobe Bryant will stay with the Lakers or not and at this point, my guess is he'll leave and this year, but I'm not sure where he'll go. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on the matter?

• Eugene Correia Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 31, 2007
    1. Oct 17, 2007 12:04 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: Will Kobe Bryant leave the Lakers?

I highly doubt the Lakers would trade Kobe at this point. A team would have to give up way too much to get him. I know if I'm running the Lakers I would NOT trade one of the best players in the game. I would do everything I could to keep him happy. I don't blame him for being bitter towards the organization because they haven't done much to improve the team.

I'm not sure how many years he has left on his contract but if this is his last year on the contract...then maybe they would trade him so they could get something in return.

We shall see.......

• TenaciousO Community Moderator 54 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    3. Oct 25, 2007 12:06 PM (in response to saraallent)

Get rid of him!  Kobe's like dating a really hot girl.

One of two things is going to happen:

1. You are going to put up with her baggage because she's hot and then all of a sudden she's going to dump you after she gives you craps.

2.  She'll stick with you until she's no longer hot and then you are just left with all of the baggage.

You had your fun Dr. Buss!  Now cut your loses before you get her pregnant!

• JBan Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    4. Oct 29, 2007 9:37 PM (in response to saraallent)

Kobe has got to go! He's being a punk and I can't stand to hear about him sitting on the bench anymore cause of this and that. If you want to be a man play the game...it's your job or you could be like Kobe and act like a child.

• nvrunder7 Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 23, 2007
    6. Oct 30, 2007 2:29 PM (in response to saraallent)

Ill tell ya where the big K is going, he is going to get as far away as possible....to the team that has the most titles in NBA history the CELTICS babbay.  Ill put my money that the Celts get rid of their number one player (like they love to do) and pick up Kobe to work with thier two new all-stars.  KG, ALLEN, and KOBE...it wouldnt look like the Celtics but it would look like a winning team!!!!!!!! common DOC make it happen!

Jul 31, 2007
    7. Oct 30, 2007 2:35 PM (in response to nvrunder7)

Going to the Celtics???? Don't be foolish!!! Kobe will NEVER wear a Celtics jersey so please....give it a rest!!!

• WV Runner Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    8. Oct 30, 2007 4:56 PM (in response to saraallent)

I think that Kobe will remain a Laker for three reasons: (1) He wants to play for a championship caliber team, but who out there has the salary cap room to add Kobe to a loaded team. (2) Witha bnother team he will nto be the center of attention and able to hog the ball like he so much enjoys. (3) The Lakers are a crappy team with him and would be crappier without him. Besides Buss and Jackson love the spotlight and attention it brings to the team. I would not be surprised if it all is a publicity stunt to get us talking about a sub par team at best.

• JBan Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    9. Oct 30, 2007 11:20 PM (in response to saraallent)

I think he'll leave but I don't think he'll be a celtic. You're team could use him though haha. Kidding! But I think he'll head elsewhere. Can't say where yet though...maybe the bulls or the spurs.

Aug 21, 2007
    11. Nov 1, 2007 10:44 AM (in response to saraallent)

Get him out!  It doesn't matter if he is the best player in the league if he doesn't make everyone else better.  It's a team game.  When he hogs the ball it affects the other players confidence.  Which in turn affects their energy on both ends of the floor.  Hence the losses.  I feel for Kobe, because all he wants to do is win.  But I think that the Lakers as a team can't win games with him on the floor.

Furthermore, I would bench Kobe for 2 reasons.

1.  To get the team and the fans used to playing without him.

2.  Keep him healthy to retain his trade value.

Besides, I think that a Kobe statue would look good next to the Jordan statue at the entrance of the United Center.

Aug 21, 2007
    12. Nov 5, 2007 10:34 AM (in response to TenaciousO)

Hey look that Lakers can play without Kobe.  Kobe only played 16 minutes in the win against the Suns.  And he looked like just another SG in the win against the Jazz.  I'm curious how Kobe feels about not getting the ball every time on offense.  It would be perfect if he was content with just being another "cog in the machine".  But I like the way the Lakers are playing right now!  They are playing like a team and if Kobe tries to disrupt that, then trade him for ANY SG.  Well at least one that can average 20 points and play D.

Jul 31, 2007
    13. Nov 5, 2007 11:27 AM (in response to TenaciousO)

OK.....first off Kobe didn't play 16 minutes in the win against the Suns....he played 27!! The game was a complete blowout which explains why he played only 27 minutes. Did you even watch the game?? The Lakers supporting cast actually chipped in big time that game.

If you really think the solution is to replace Kobe with just another SG.....then you don't know very much about basketball!! He is arguably one the best in the game right now. If you replace him with "just another SG" you can kiss the Lakers season goodbye.

I'm not even much of a Kobe fan and am definitely NOT a Lakers fan.........but it just seems you are a big time Kobe hater which hopefully explains some of your foolish comments in this post.

Go Celtics!!!!

Aug 21, 2007
    14. Nov 5, 2007 11:53 AM (in response to Eugene Correia)

I'm not saying that Kobe isn't great, what I'm saying is that (so far) the Lakers can compete without Kobe scoring 50+ every night.  The marjority of the shots that Kobe took in the last two games were shots that any good SG should make.  Of course he can make plays that most players couldn't make and there isn't a more clutch player, but I don't want to see the Lakers hand the ball to Kobe and then just sit back and watch him work.  Which has been the case for the last 3 years. 

Kobe's great, but he isn't greater than the Lakers.

In the words of the Kevin Garnett commercial, "We not Me".

And you're right, he did play 22 minutes.  Which is about average for a starting SG.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...