Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2245 Views 25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2007 2:13 PM by wkm99 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
rockchalkchick Rookie 31 posts since
Sep 14, 2003
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 25, 2007 1:39 PM

Talk me out of it! (Cuteness inside!)

This little girl is currently curled up inside my bathrobe pocket. Her mother was dumped at our clinic about 10 days ago with her 1 day-old pups. 2 didn't survive the first few hours, and one didn't survive the weekend. The other 8 are doing wonderfully, but this one is the smallest and is getting beat out for food, so we've been taking her home and supplementing her food the last few nights. (She's about a third the size of her brothers - was 7 oz on Monday morning, while the biggest was 2 lb 9 oz).

I've been drawn to her since the first day, but the feedings every 2-3 hours and cuddling for body heat (thus the pocket) has got me totally hooked. I've been looking for a dog but my fiance is convinced we need to wait until after we have kids (wtf?) I'm sure she'll get a good home, but I just hate the idea of giving her up in 4-5 weeks when she's ready to adopt.

Talk me out of it - let's hear some puppy horror stories. We're trying to pay off our debt before I head to vet school; we have 3 cats that are already fighting all over our 2-bedroom apartment; we both work a lot and like to travel. All good logical reasons that don't stand up when I look at this sweet face!

(Whoops - edited to clarify ONE day old, not 12 - baby is about 11 days now)

[http://This message has been edited by rockchalkchick (edited Dec-05-2007).|http://This message has been edited by rockchalkchick (edited Dec-05-2007).]

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...